Friday, January 26, 2007

My adoption specifics

10 complaints from ingrates:

LeRoy Dissing January 29, 2007 at 1:34 AM  

Did you try searching the local newspapers. They will list births and you just might "light upon" your own birth announcement. That may give you your mothers name minimally. I am guessing you have done that already. Just a thought.

I know there is a record out there on you. I also know you won't give up until you find it. I applaud and support your efforts in any way I can.

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 29, 2007 at 7:36 AM  

Hey Lee,
Y'know what? I actually never did try that. I assumed that since my adoption was set up during the time my first mom was pregnant, that they wouldn't list a birth announcement in the newspapers.

I'm sure in Philly there will be a wedding or baby shower or funeral or other family function I'll be attending at some point in the future. Next time I'm there I'll take an extra day to search the newspapers in the library.

That was a really good idea - thank you!! :)

LeRoy Dissing January 29, 2007 at 11:25 PM  

ur welcome. The adoption agency or your mother may not have put in a birth announcement, but the HOSPITAL releases that information to the newspapers who then publish it. So it might have gone in unbeknowns to anyone. You just might get lucky!

Cookie February 7, 2007 at 1:04 AM  

http://www.adoptionblogs.com/skins/custom_new/biodata.php?id=8

If you are interested, I co-write an adoption search and reunion blog with Karen Sterner who is experienced with searches in PA.

http://birthfamily-search.adoptionblogs.com/

Cookie February 7, 2007 at 1:05 AM  

P.S. - The first link is to Karen's bio - the second is to our blogs

Ungrateful Little Bastard February 7, 2007 at 8:13 AM  

Very interested Cookie, thank you! I'll be by your neck of the blogwoods later today. Thanks!

Third Mom April 11, 2007 at 9:07 PM  

I really wish I had ideas or help for you. This just makes me so damn sad.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 11, 2007 at 9:12 PM  

Thanks Margie, I really really appreciate that.

Newlyorphaned April 15, 2007 at 6:13 PM  

Reading your search info and still wracking my brains! Do you have a copy of your amended BC? Mine at least had a town I was born in which would clear up the county issue! You might get lucky and be from a different county with a different judge. Also check to see what county your adoption was filed in. You've probably already done this stuff but.... Good luck tomorrow, I'm keeping you and your records in my prayers!

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 16, 2007 at 7:00 PM  

Thanks J. I was on the phone all day and didn't get a chance to call the county. We're having a large rollout at work and I fear Tues & Wed will be the same. The package is on the top of my desk though so as soon as I get a free block of time during business hours I'll call her.

The amended Birth Certificate only lists the names of the adoptive parents, the county of birth, the date of birth and the date of the amended certificate, unfortunately. But thank you thank you thank you for the good thoughts. I'm getting there slowly

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP