Friday, February 23, 2007

Likely Suspect #1: Gary Lewis




Often incorrectly attributed to songwriter Al Kooper, the true story is that “This Diamond Ring” was written by Gary Lewis, describing the heartbreak over his lost love, my first mom.

They were to be married, but her parents did not approve of her getting involved with an aspiring musician – and a mere drummer to boot! Enraged upon discovering her pregnancy, they forced her to return the ring and break the engagement. They did not allow her to tell him of the pregnancy. He never heard from her again. Finally, after two years of intensive therapy to get over his crushing depression, he emerged with “This Diamond Ring”, the song he wrote about the heartache over the girl he could never forget.

You never know. It could be true. When all you got is blanks, you get to really fill them in big time.

2 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  February 25, 2007 at 6:28 PM  

OMG I loved him too! "Don't ya know that she is just my style, everything about her drives me wild.." remember that one??

Ungrateful Little Bastard February 26, 2007 at 8:27 PM  

Why yes I do! That was my second favorite on the album. I should go check it out to see what other songs are on there. I just remember those two.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP