Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Evolution of thought, continued from prior post


On adoption, by 13 to 15 year old me

Dude it’s fucked it’s totally fucked I tell you. I am so never having sex I swear to god you go ahead but you watch out. I’m telling you, you don’t believe me, but I read dude, like, you should try it. There is like no birth control that works right and you’ll wind up pregnant and it will totally fuck you up. I’m going to like get sterilized or something before I have sex so I don’t have to worry about getting pregnant. I am so never having kids.

And I don’t want to hear that shit about all the shit I got and how rich we are because it’s still fucked, it’s fucked, it’s totally fucked and wait don’t bogart that joint dude pass it here but anyway listen no seriously listen my mom is -- I’m like this possession to her right? Like this doll she bought so she thinks she owns me man but I’m splitting I’m so splitting this place is fucked up I’m hitch hiking to California this summer I’m outta here.

I’m going to find my real mom I bet she’s like a professor at Berkley, like teaching anthropology or some shit and I bet she’s got like this apartment with like tribal masks and shit, whoa. Yeah, I’ll find her and I’ll live with her. She wouldn’t have this bullshit 9:00 curfew man. This shit is just oppression.


On adoption, by 20 year old me

As womyn continue to be considered the chattle of the dominant male force in this society we will have no real freedom or equality. Womyn are granted the illusion of voice while keeping in lines with the male oppressor. If a womyn is young and falls along the male ordained lines of beauty she will have a brief period where she is allowed to consider herself equal, yet in reality it is only her fuckability factor that alots her this. Once she reaches a certain age her power and visibility are cast aside. The only womyn who are allotted power at this point are ones who assume for themselves a male role and embrace male energy to the detriment of other womyn.

Adoption is the ultimate male act of oppression, often forced upon young or poor girls by womyn in a role of male energy oppressor. Womyn are forced to breed for the rich and the powerful. The pregnant womyn, if not legally owned by a male, is viewed as nothing more than an ambulatory and disposable uterus. When a womyn dares to break the ordained role and display her sexuality with a pregnancy outside the chains of marriage, this forces the pig patriarchal system to extract a swift and harsh judgment in (I’ll stop here, I think you get the point.)


On adoption, by 26 year old me in the 8th month of pregnancy

Where is she? Where is she? Oh god where is she? I’ll kill them… I’ll kill them…. I will hunt down whoever forced her to give me up and I swear I will kill them. How could they? How could they do that to her? Oh god I want my mommy.. how could she stand it? How could they? How could they do this to her? Oh god…..


On adoption, by 35 year old me

See mish-mash combination of prior two items above.


On adoption, by 43 year old me

If only I had one clue, one tiny little clue. The older I get, the more I realize how little I know. But I’m learning….

8 complaints from ingrates:

BethGo March 6, 2007 at 10:55 PM  

This post just freakin' rocks!
And I'm right there with you babe.

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 7, 2007 at 4:51 AM  

haha thanks Beth. Fight the oppression and pass that doobie, would ya?

Erika March 7, 2007 at 2:21 PM  

i love this post! i remember when i was a little girl finding out about childbirth and saying wow thats painful, i will adopt. my 10 yr old said the same thing when she figured out how babies are born. i never gave a second thought about adoption til i had my own children and had to fight to keep them.i was shown early on that only some ppl are allowed reproduce and others arent.it's amazing to see how our opinions change as we experience life and others too.i wish the feminists would pick up on this issue and make a statement supporting the weaker members and people who are so obvuously affected by being adopted.yea pass the doobie and peace mann..

bijou March 7, 2007 at 5:31 PM  

Its freakin oppression man, you know like adoption, abuduction.... can you pass that over here, i need it!!!!
Bijou

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 8, 2007 at 4:43 AM  

Ugh Erika that's another post for another time. I remember trying to raise awareness but it fell on deaf ears

It is oppression man I'm telling you Bijou

Libby March 8, 2007 at 12:29 PM  

Wow. You are brilliant and simultaneously hilarious and heartbreaking. I love your blog.

mia,  March 8, 2007 at 5:40 PM  

I think I was at that party with you!!!! I KNEW you looked familiar! This post and the previous post were beyond amazing. Oh, and I would go to a march in WDC any day. I will go check that out now.

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 8, 2007 at 7:07 PM  

Libby that is such a nice thing to say, thank you so much.

Ohhh you were there, huh Mia? Yeah that party rocked but my prison warden mother made me go home at 9, so unfair, totally. Just give me the Visine and spray me down with 10 gallons of Love's Baby Soft, she'll never be able to tell a thing.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP