Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Exodus 12:12 - The Angel of Confidentiality

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at <span class=

For on this same night I will go through Massachusetts on the stroke of midnight, promising confidentiality of every bastard born, and executing judgment on all their right to know, I, the COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS!

I heard about this nutso bill HB 2190 on Grannie Annie's blog. This just pissed me off. So if you're born at 11:59 you get your birth certificate, but if you're born at 12:01 tough luck, kid. I made a comment that there must have been this sweeping Angel of Confidentiality flying rampant though maternity wards that evening.

So what is up in Massachusetts? Anyone know? What's the deal with this seemingly arbitrary July 17, 1974 birthdate for the cutoff on records? Was some secret illegitimate love child born to some state big-wig that day? And do adoptees in Massachusetts get to celebrate a Confidentiality Passover on that date?

By the way, don't think I'm this walking encyclopedia of bible versus. I just know Exodus 12:12 'cause The Ten Commandments was an awesome movie. Didn't that green misty angel of death scare the bejesus out of you when you were a little kid?


4 complaints from ingrates:

mia,  March 15, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

11:59 BAAADDDD
12:01 GOOOOODD
Confidentiality STUPIDDDDD

Stupid must be my word for the day. lol

bijou,  March 15, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

UUh, hmmm, maybe there was some government experiment with alien DNA between 1974-2008. Or maybe the second coming of the messiah was born in MA between these dates, and they want to keep it a secret. OR, maybe the infamous adoption record spontaneous combust syndrome hit these records...
bijou

Anonymous,  March 15, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

Hmm.....
The nexus of the 10 Commandments and Massachusetts made me WANT to post about the 10 Things I Hate About Massachusetts, but I will refrain, and contemplate on one thing I love from Massachusetts, even though she is an ungrateful little bastard.

ULB's restraintful - because I know what ULB's do to their hubbys in their sleep - and wise Hubby

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 17, 2007 at 1:36 AM  

Haha Mia. Caveman confidentiality laws. Like the Geiko commercials. "Confidentiality - so stupid, even a caveman can see it"

And Ssssshhhh! Bijou! I've already commented before once that information on alien DNA adoptions is not supposed to be released to the general public. I don't want the Men in Black to take me away. But I think you're onto something with the spontaneous combustion theory...

And thank you, cool husband.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP