Thursday, March 29, 2007

l33t like me.

I use Firefox because I'm l33t like that.

My cool husband uses Internet Explorer because he's a n00b.

When he has computer problems he yells "Piece of shit" which makes me come running. 9 times out of 10, I tell him he has a PEBCAK.

Over the years he has conditioned me. He doesn't have to ask for my help any more. All I need hear is "Piece of shit!" and like Pavlov's dog I start drooling to fix whatever his PEBCAK is and be a hero.

It's good to be a l33t techie married to a n00b. You always feel useful.

Sometimes though it's not good to be a two-blogger household.

I use Firefox on his PC, and he uses Internet Explorer. He started using Firefox to be l33t like me, but he's still a n00b. He made a comment on someone's blog last night without dumping cookies first, so it came up under my ID. He told me about it this morning. He thought it was funny.

I didn't.

I'm real particular about the blogs I comment on. If I comment on non-adoption blogs, I don't use this ID. Cause I don't want grateful people coming here. They're adoption n00bs. When I comment on my husband's Wordpress blog, I use a different name each time. For the email address I put in something silly and obscene, like blow@me.com because I'm juvenile like that.

You know it wasn't the end of the world that he posted a comment on someone's blog under my cookies.

But I blew up. I wish I didn't blow up like that. I feel bad about it. It was just an honest mistake.

I just don't want people are who aren't down with my l33t points of view coming here. Also he's a political blogger, and those politico's love to argue.

I also wish I didn't get mad so easy. That's such a n00b thing to do.

If you're a two-blogger household and share PC's, here's a tip for you. Set up a separate profile for Firefox so you've got separate cache and cookie directories. Close Firefox and click on the Start button, then click on Run. In the open box, type this:


and set up a different profile. Be sure to uncheck the box that says don't prompt for profile. That way you won't leave blog comments under wrong IDs.

If I wasn't such a n00b at times, I would have done that from the start.

I'm very behind in my blog reading, and will be off for the weekend tomorrow afternoon. Have a great weekend everyone! Hopefully will catch up with all on Monday.

13 complaints from ingrates:

Erika March 29, 2007 at 6:46 PM  

and here i thought i was tech savvy and then i had to look at your wikipedia link for l33t!!!!

have a good weekend

E.

just me March 29, 2007 at 9:19 PM  

I'm So hip!

Firefox, gmail, soon to be the proud owner of an macbook, new tattoo in the works. I rock!

Being Me March 29, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

AAAAACCCKKK. I feel I should just give up. But who cares? My comments are my own and nobody knows who I am

LeRoy Dissing March 30, 2007 at 3:48 AM  

Have a great weekend! My son uses firefox and I use explorer...go figure! Although IE 7.0 is much like firefox from what I understand, I don't think those who use firefox will switch back.

As far as I know, I am the only blogger here and anonymity hasn't been an issue yet nor do I anticipate it will be for me.

Angela March 30, 2007 at 5:10 AM  

We're a 2 blogger household (when my fiance remembers to update his blog(s)) though we both use Firefox and Thunderbird. He is l33t3r than I though. Because he work tech support for web hosts (including ours) and thus can fix problems that aren't PEBCAK. I'm slowly learning though!

Have a good weekend!

Mom2One March 30, 2007 at 10:51 AM  

Oh my. I had to look up l33t too. I use firefox at home but explorer at work. Lost between 2 worlds, that's what I am.

In other news, check out my post:
http://justenjoyhim.wordpress.com/2007/03/30/humbled-and-honored-thinking-blogger-award/

You've been tagged, girlfriend!! :D

pffffffftttt!! ;p''''''''''''

Joy March 30, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Being Me

I know exactly who you are!


but this post was so over my head the only thing I recognized was n00b, and I thought, oh that is how you spell what my son calls me

Wraith March 30, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

j00 am teh r0x0r. j00 rly pwned th3s3 noobs. L4m3rs w111 ph33r jur m4d sk1llz.

Jamie March 30, 2007 at 11:07 PM  

Wow. I just got schooled in the ways of tech. I suck.

LUCKILY, the hubs and I do not share a 2 blog home. MY vice in blogging. HIS vice in gaming. We both despise each other's vices.

Have a great weekend!

Jamie

P.S. new adoption update over at my place. wander over. wander over.

Joy April 1, 2007 at 7:05 PM  

wraith:

My guess at a transalation,

Quite Good, Theresa, you set the bar of competency?

Possum April 2, 2007 at 12:40 AM  

yeah - I was trying to decipher Wraiths l33t-talk - got the gist - but then my head started to hurt too much.
Thanks for the extra learning I did today Theresa!!! LOL
(Mozilla girl myself)

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 2, 2007 at 6:11 AM  

Th4nk jooze ev3r30nez!!!111

j00ze guyz r teh b3st!!!11

I miss it that my boys are 'too old' to type like that anymore. Th0se l4m3rz.

gmcountrymama April 2, 2007 at 10:02 AM  

I have no idea what you are writing about, but it seems I am lucky to be in a one blogger family. My husband only uses the computer once every three years for work.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP