Saturday, March 03, 2007

Vote for Jenny!

Alright this is a cool website. You know those philanthropic places where people ask for money, and you’ve thought, wow, I could use some money too but my need isn’t nearly as important as this person or that person.

Well this site lets you post a money wish for anything, I mean anything, even naughty selfish wishes, and they fork over money each week to the people with the most votes.

Wow. Random. Hey I like these random people.

Anyhoooo, Jenny has been looking for her sister for a long time. She’s gone to a private investigator with a ‘no fee if no find’ guarantee. Guess what? They found.

Unfortunately during this time Jen’s husband lost his job. With three little kids money is very tight. Jen keeps looking but right now only $2,500 stands in between her and the name, address and phone number of her sister. Her mother recently passed away during this search, and that makes it hit home all the more.

So clicky clicky, si vous plait, and help Jen’s wish.

Merci.

http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/2006

6 complaints from ingrates:

LeRoy Dissing March 3, 2007 at 7:39 AM  

Therese....thanks for sharing this. I just went and voted for her. I hope she wins and that we get to read about how the reunion went. A very worthy cause!

Possum March 3, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Good find!!
(I never knew this mob existed!!)
Have put my vote in.
Hugs, Poss. xx

momseekingpeace March 4, 2007 at 12:43 AM  

ok I voted, if she doesn't win we ought to hook her up with some search angels.
MSP

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 4, 2007 at 8:33 AM  

Thank you everybody. She's ahead by a mile. I don't know when the voting round closes but I'll be keeping an eye on it. And MSP I think that is a wonderful idea. I think she's been working with one but I'm not sure if she still is.

mia,  March 8, 2007 at 5:38 PM  

Man I would love to have a chat with her BEFORE she pays them. Seriously. I absolutely hate seeing people pay this kind of money. Think she would talk with me?

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 8, 2007 at 7:26 PM  

Yeah I do.

What I think about the situation is she's in Florida but her sister was adopted out of NY. I think she's pretty active in New York Adoptees and they've had some search angels working with her for a long time with no luck.

She's over at Myspace as either "Adoption 1968" or "Do you know my sister?".... she's or I think you can also send her a message at the Robin Hood site. She's wicked nice.

I think she turned to Kinsolving as a last resort but if you've got anything that could help her I know she'd love to hear it.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP