Saturday, April 14, 2007

The dilemma of a prospective adoptive parent

I mean, what's the point? To give love and love and then just have your kid run off in search of some jerk who abandoned her.


Dear God, if you exist, because some days I doubt it, especially days like today, please never allow Skittish Adopter from the Salon comments to adopt. Even if you first read him as Scottish Adopter as I first did, because my eyes were blurring over with tears of happiness from all the wonderful lives of the other adoptees posting in comments. If there is a Scottish Adopter out there, he'd be OK, because bagpipes and kilts are coolness personified, but please God, never, ever, ever let any child be adopted by Skittish Adopter. Amen.

Thanks to a funny guy for bring this article with it's charming yet entirely expected comments section to my attention. haha, brother.

5 complaints from ingrates:

abebech April 14, 2007 at 8:06 AM  

Haven't read the article or comments yet, but
Dear Skittish Adopter,
"I mean, what's the point? To give love and love"
Precisely. That's the point. Since you don't get it, please don't do it.

Newlyorphaned April 14, 2007 at 8:16 AM  

Now that I've read Shittish's post I get the "ungrateful little bastard" thing! How dare we wonder about the things others take for granted! How dare we demand our truth. I'm with abebech, Sdittish, Please don't adopt!

Erin April 14, 2007 at 9:45 AM  

I swear my mom makes many of hte same comments about the bee :-)

"aren't you worried she is going to love the queen more"

"yup mom, it keeps me up at night"

"don't be saucy erin"

WHO SAYS SAUCY ANYMORE?!?!?!

"Seriously mom, I'll be more concerned if she is just neutral concerning the queen. That means I've failed as a mother"

"Oh Erin, she'll be confused"

"Uh-huh mom. Where is your zoloft?_

Mommy Dearest April 14, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

Erin, I just want to know if your mom says "Saucy" with a British accent, or particularly like Austin Powers because if she does, I would totally get on a plane just to hear her say that.

And Theresa, I have to say that in some ways he's right. I mean, HELLO!! If this kid we adopted is going to just leave us or love even one other person in addition to us, I'm cutting his allowance. No more Toys 'R Us for him. No more fancy haircuts at Kuts for Kids -- he's gonna get his hair cut by good old Mom; that'll teach him. HA! That ride-on loader of his that he likes so much -- I think that today I'll take it away from him and just give it to some kids down the street.

Yeah, what's the point indeed? Damn! Where's the gratitude? Why isn't this kid awake yet, washing the kitchen floor and making me my next pot of coffee? He's 5-years-old, for God's sakes! Actually, he's old enough to be working; it's time for Mom to relax! OK, I'm off to wake up Mr. Lazy-Pants! Sheesh!

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 14, 2007 at 1:21 PM  

These are too funny.

So sad. Yes, you give love and love and recognize that part of the package is the mother that gave birth to them, not "some jerk that abandoned them" What a horrible way to feel about the mother of a child.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP