Wednesday, April 25, 2007

For new readers and old readers

and others I know, or others I don't know, who have come to the end of a search, only to find the one they were searching for has passed.

Please visit here.


FoundandLostSupport.com



10 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  April 25, 2007 at 11:42 PM  

Thersa,
Thanks again! A beautiful site, I can't go in just yet but I've book marked it.

Jeanie

Erika April 26, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

thanks for posting this link. there just isnt enough resources.
this is part of the reason i wrote stolen.i feel a slight bit of closure knowing ive left the important information if god forbid something happened to me.

in Australia, they are constructing a mothers memorial in a cemetery to commerate those who lost their children to adoption and died. never getting to reunite.
very sad but a very progressive idea that i hope will happen over here one of these years

Jim,  April 26, 2007 at 3:00 PM  

Thank you Theresa, I didn't know such a group existed. I have enrolled and hope to find some solace there. At work today I was overcome by a ton of guilt for not searching sooner and broke down, had to come home, passing curious coworkers but I couldn't talk to anyone...
It is something I will have to work through.
I just hope I don't get a call from HR tomorrow.

Still Born April 26, 2007 at 3:03 PM  

OK OK OK.

This is my BRAND! NEW! BLOG!

This is Malleigh, btw.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 26, 2007 at 5:01 PM  

Jim do they offer bereavement leave where you work?

Everyone; thanks. I've been meaning to post about this link for a while but I get too upset everytime I try to write. So after yesterday, I just decided an announcement post would work best. If 'best' is the right word to use :(

jim,  April 26, 2007 at 8:58 PM  

Yes, my employer offers bereavement leave, 3 days for natural OR adoptive parents. I'm not sure how they would handle this. I'm hoping for a copy of the death certificate, maybe a burial location. Now that my mother's DEAD, they can tell me who she is. I'm not sure a copy of a seven year old obituary will qualify for bereavement leave.
But I don't think I will even ask. It's the least of my worries. What I don't like are the well-meaning but ignorant people who can't understand why I'm upset about someone I've never met who died years ago.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 26, 2007 at 10:33 PM  

For a situation like this my company would offer leave but we're huge, and we've been around the block a few times with different types of families. And I hear that about well meaning but ignorant. Our HR wouldn't bat an eye at a request like this but with a smaller company I can see the ignorance happening.

This is just so horrible. they should have told you the burial location already

Denise,  April 26, 2007 at 11:44 PM  

Hello everyone and Theresa - this is Denise, the owner of Found and Lost Support; Theresa, I have little to no memory cells left in my brain (too much weed in the 60's..70's, 80's,...you get the picture. LOL) so, excuse me for not being sure but do I know you? Did we recently correspond about an adoptive mom who's looking for her a-child's first mom?
I have been very busy and this is the first chance I had to check my blog. I'm also kinda lost here in blog land, I don't know how to get around or find the subjects and people I'm interested in. I spent a few hours trying to change the look of my blog to no avail, besides that I haven't been around. Thank you for posting my link. I still haven't gotten my key words correct for my new website; each time I do a google search for my specific type of support group my website doesn't show up so, the word needs to spread that this group is alive. I believe I got two new members because of this blog, thank you! I think I'm the only group around like this. Sunflowers use to have one, I tried to find them when I found my son gone but I was told they don't exisit anylonger. I searched and searched for another group but couldn't find one...that's when I thought I'd start my own. So, my group should come up on the first page of search hits but so far it's not coming up. Again, thank you.

I look forward to getting to know you.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 27, 2007 at 10:45 AM  

Hi Denise yes I'm the same.She had two adopted sons. She's helping one son now with his search, but her other son passed away and she didn't know how to begin to search for his mother nor what to say to her when she found her.

I totally get the picture, plus the numbers of emails, blog names, forum names, etc. etc. - it becomes hazy even without the former use of controlled substances LOL!

I do remember I had seen your group once but I had a hard time finding it. I needed to ask Jan for the URL. I think once more people start linking to you that will raise you up higher in the search engines. Google will grab your blog really fast and that will get people who need to know to your site. I've been trying to write a post about your group for a while but I get too upset each time, plus I'm in a period of adoptive malaise right now. I'll probably get it up over the weekend. But then again I saw another news article that made me really mad, so maybe I'll get it posted today!!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP