Friday, April 13, 2007

It's a good thing I'm not a writer.


I wouldn't handle rejection letters well.

This really shouldn't surprise me. If they didn't know about the reunion registry, I'm not surprised they wouldn't know about the medical history registry either.

For future Pennsylvania families though, there is one slight increase over prior year's rejection letters. It used to be if there was nothing in there, they wouldn't keep your request on file. The paragraph at the end is something new that I remember from the last time I requested. Used to be you'd have to keep writing to them every few years, the way you need to do with the reunion registry.

I shouldn't be surprised. I shouldn't be bummed. But I am anyway. I was supposed to be gone now, but threats of an impending Nor'easter have kept me stuck at home until I see how the weather holds out over the next few days. I still may be leaving early tomorrow morning, or late tonight. Time will tell.

I really wish I had been on the road though before the mail came. So. depressed. And nothing to laugh at.

Like I said, I'm no writer. But Erika is. Please go visit and read the sample chapters of her upcoming book, "Stolen".

17 complaints from ingrates:

bijou April 13, 2007 at 5:38 PM  

im so sorry, theresa. this sucks, plain and simple, even though you probably expected this. perhaps it would be easier for us to just go around and take random dna samples from, well uhh anyone and everyone to figure out where the hell we came from.

hugs, bijou

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 13, 2007 at 6:25 PM  

I think if I had done that, I'd have a match by now.

It's never to late to start though. If you hear in News of the Weird that there's some insane woman plucking hairs and swabbing cheeks of complete strangers in PA, that would be me.

Newlyorphaned April 13, 2007 at 6:38 PM  

I'm sorry Kiddo, your state sucks big time! Don't give up! I'd mail a damn request for EVERYTHING you can request 6 days a week for the rest of my life. Rack them up a postage bill anyway! Have you thought about sueing the state?

Erika April 13, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

what the hell does that mean "if we can be of any assistance in the future" what a crock.does that mean they will send you another useless letter telling you absolutely nothing?

what a pisser man. and hey, if these books sell like hot cakes, i'll hire the swat team and steal the damn records. yah.

and i think you are a great writer.your posts always make think and sometimes make me laugh out loud. and believe me, with the ptsd i got, thats no small feat.

Hugs,
E.

Erin April 13, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

Theresa, I'm sorry.

This sucks :-( It isn't right or fair and I'm sorry that you can't get access to your history.

Fuckers..... :-)

abebech April 13, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

I'm so sorry.
About this and about the nor'easter.

Jamie April 14, 2007 at 12:29 AM  

Theresa,

I am sorry. I wish I was able to provide insight and comfort to you as you ALWAYS do for me.

You so deserve to get some good news.

Jamie

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 14, 2007 at 12:57 AM  

Jeanie, My husband keeps saying that, but really, it wouldn't do any good. I signed up for a free two week trial of the Pennsylvania Law Library, and in every case where an adoptee's search for their records was brought before the Pennsylvania Supreme court, it was denied. No love for bastards in Pennsylvania.

Haha thanks Erika. You use that money for a well deserved trip WHEN those books sell, because they will.

Erin now I've got to go to confession for making you swear again ;)

Abebech, Jamie, thanks so much. We're still pending on the Orphan's Court decision, and I've gotten the name of the county CI. I'm not moving forward on a CI as of just yet, that's going to be the very last thing I try, but at the least I've got an outlet of final resort.

And what is WITH this weather, anyway?? It's freaking April!

Possum April 14, 2007 at 1:02 AM  

Now - here I was shedding a tear for you my friend - then you leave a comment...........

"If you hear in News of the Weird that there's some insane woman plucking hairs and swabbing cheeks of complete strangers in PA, that would be me."

....and I just spat coffee over my keyboard.
This shit sucks.
Erin is right - fuckers - is the ONLY appropriate word here.
Sending you loads of love & hugs from down here today my friend.
This shit really does suck.
Love ya.
Poss. xxxxx

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 14, 2007 at 6:33 AM  

I ruin keyboards the world over. But then again you guyzzz have contributed to many saliva/coffee combos on my own keyboard, so we're a mutual spitting society. Thanks.

Judy April 14, 2007 at 10:30 AM  

Oh, that bites the big one, Theresa. Fucking damn it!!

I'll join the swat team. I have this weird fantasy of being a girl superhero and it would be cool to be in a group of superhero chicks, even cooler to be in a group of adoption reform superhero chicks -- who woulda thunk it?! HAHAHAHA!!! The world won't know what hit it!! What the hell kind of costume will we wear?! All I know is that I want mine to have the words "BITE ME!" emblazoned somewhere on them because that is my battle cry.

BethGo April 14, 2007 at 12:37 PM  

Theresa-
This really sucks.
So now all you're waiting on is your non id info, right?
I say wait for that and once you get it, it's time to get a little more drastic. I bet there are search angels that could help you.
Don't give up.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 14, 2007 at 1:35 PM  

We could get superkewl costumes. With capes. Cause a cape would make me less pear shaped. And cool masks. I'd have to bee careful propelling myself down Vital Records buildings though because I have a bad back. Maybe we could just have telepathic powers to make people walk away as we came in and ravaged the files.

Thanks Beth.. I actually did get a semi-vague response from the County on my non-id request today but I'll post about that after I get done the next load of laundry LOL!

I could use a really legal savvy search angel, but I'm not sure where to go. There have been a few giving me great advice, but a lot of times they point me to things I've already done.

LeRoy Dissing April 14, 2007 at 1:51 PM  

Another deadend Theresa but I know you won't give up! Just out of curiosity, can you list for me what you have tried just in case it jogs my memory to think of something else? Are there adoption websites that people can put up there information on for first parents who might be searching? Another possiblity is running an add in the newspaper. I am sure we could all help you out with that ad.

Hope you have a great and safe trip this weekend!

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 14, 2007 at 6:17 PM  

Thanks Lee. I wound up being grounded at the last minute due to this bizarre weather. I am registered everywhere and everywhere, but unless the people you're looking for not only have internet access but also know where to look, it's kind of a futile thing. I am planning on running a large ad in two County newspaper living sections on my birthday this year. There's more, but I'm going to post it after the blitz is done. Also I want to call the woman from the county to ask her a question on the extremely vague letter she sent back to me today regarding my non-id request.

LeRoy Dissing April 15, 2007 at 11:42 AM  

Thanks Theresa...I just wondered if you checked the local newspapers for your birth announcement. Some hospitals rountinely release them to the press who prints them. It could well save you mucho time/trouble if your birth was published in a public newspaper. Many folks don't think to look. It is probably on microfishe (you know, that old stuff) but it could be worth checking out if you haven't already.

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 16, 2007 at 6:58 PM  

It's definitely on my list of todos... it's just a matter of getting back to the area. Also not knowing where I was born, in Philadelphia or the surrounding counties, or even outside the state. It's just a big mystery.

I know that as policy, back then they had in most maternity wards a 'do not release' board of infants who were being placed for adoption, and therefore their names were not supposed to be published to the newspapers. Sometimes one would sneak out though, so that's why if I can find out where I was born, it is a lead to follow.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP