Monday, April 02, 2007

Oh CRAP! I got a damn Thinking Blogger Award!


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Tee-hee-hee


You can’t have a blog with ungrateful in the title and not show ingratitude for what you receive. It’s against the law.


I was really tearily surprised when Judy AND Julie gave this to me, and Amy gave me an honorable mention.


Holy smokes -- Thank you!


I never considered myself a Thinking Blogger. I consider myself more of a venting blogger. There are so many blogs I read where I can tell the person put so much detail or research into what they write.


I don’t fall into that category.


I just spew. Sometimes I make posts and I’m not sure if I really, really want to put that out on the big, bad internet. Those I save in Draft mode and think about them for a while. The more I think about them, the less good of an idea it seems to post them. So, on behalf of the really bad idea posts that I have thought better of posting, I accept this award.


Before I make my nominations, you have to sit through my acceptance speech. This award and blog would not be possible without the contributions of:


Cruella deVil: The social worker whose story I have memorized, as my mother never fails to remind me of it every time I have ever asked any adoption questions. The story, in verbatim from memory, is as follows: “So two weeks after all the baby showers and parties, that nice lady from the social worker’s office came to check on you. She walked in the front door and threw her hands up in the air when she saw all the boxes and gifts all over the living room. ‘Oh,’, she said ‘I have REAL work to do. I don’t need to see anything more here!’ And I never heard from her again until she called me to say your sister was born.”


1963 bullshit mother hatred: "If they didn’t have enough common sense to keep their virginity, you just can’t trust them.” Thank you, 1963 bullshit mother hatred, for perpetuating ignorance and misogyny.


County Court rules: For making it ever so difficult even to get just my freaking non-id. Holy crap how many hoops do I have to jump through for you to find out my damn nationality??


Sister Joseph: For calling me an ungrateful little bastard.


My 7th grade class at St. Mary’s: for deciding en mass that they couldn’t hang out with me because I was a bastard.


There are so many, many others, but because I know we all are pressed for time, I won’t go on. All of you who have made this blog possible, I thank you from the bottom of my ungrateful little heart.


So now the burning question is, who do I give this to???

I’m really tempted to take the chicken way out and say, just look to the links on the right. But I can’t. Being a combo people pleasing adoptee and people pleasing indecisive Libra, this is hard for me. Seriously here, because there are so many blogs where I just sit back and go, WOW, JUST WOW. I’m blown away daily by what I read.

I think read someplace one of the rules here is you can’t pick someone whose already gotten an award. That makes it a little easier, I guess. Or maybe I just made that up to make it easier on myself and convinced myself I read it someplace. Who knows?

I’ve been jumping up and down through my google reader trying to see who’s already got one. I'm really behind in my blog reading.... so, if I make a mistake and give an award to someone in double –SORRY!

Also, as stated many times previously, I simply cannot make a decision. I read everyone on the right in my reader. If I don’t comment on your blog, I honestly do feel bad about that. What it means is by the time I get to you in my rounds, I’m in a period during the day where I can’t comment, but please know that I do read them all, and always really appreciate the work that’s gone into them.

So, wincing because I really hate to leave anyone out, here are mine:

Adopt This! Look up cliffhanger in wikipedia and there’s a link to this blog. Does this one know how to write or what?? Every post leaves me on the edge of my chair. What an incredible story.

Moon Child, for opening my eyes and breaking my heart on the evils of the poorly named Child Protective Services, and for always writing with dignity and clarity. I don’t believe I could do the same.

Seriously?. If you can read this blog and not cry at every other post, you don’t have a heart. Seriously.

Possum’s Place. What a journey this has been, detailed back through the archives in her blog and before. Also the starred “How to make a happy adoptee” which is divinely inspired, I am sure.

Oh crap only one more. But I want to choose them alllllllllllllllllll!!!!!! Damnit I think if I got 2 plus an honorable mention then I should be able to choose 12.5 blogs, but I’ll be good and play by the rules, real or imagined.

Alright, here goes:

Boston Uncommon Another incredible journey, told incredibly well. I really love this blog. Another edge of my seat read.


I admit a bias towards adoptee blogs told from the reunion standpoint in this list, but give the honest appraisal that those are the ones that make me think the most. For so many years I kept my focus on understanding the reasons for my adoption as well as understanding and justifying my adoptive mother's feelings, I put my own feelings to the side. The adoptee blogs are the ones that made me feel this blessed sign of relief.

Again thank you so, so much, Judy and Julie and Amy - you three ALWAYS make me think. And everyone else on the right who makes me think too. Because you all do. You make a difference.


PS This is cool. If you want to see everyone awarded, you can click here.

7 complaints from ingrates:

Erika April 2, 2007 at 4:47 PM  

awww gee thanks for mentioning me!
i must admit that blogging is good for me.

i love your blogs, they are so amazing!

Erin April 2, 2007 at 5:56 PM  

not EVEN! I'm really blown away that anybody reads me at all, let alone likes me LOL.

Now I've got to do my top five!

mia,  April 2, 2007 at 6:18 PM  

WOW I have a couple of new blogs to check out! VERY cool! Congrats to you my thinking friend. Your award is well deserved.

Juuuuuudyyyyyyyy April 2, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

Theresa, you ROCK!! And like Mia, I now have some new blogs to check out.

Third Mom April 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

Congratulations, and well deserved!!

Possum April 3, 2007 at 1:40 AM  

Thanks babes!!
Wow - I'm speechless.
Not functioning too well just now -
but thanks.
Biggest hugs to you my friend. Poss. xx

Ungrateful Little Bastard April 3, 2007 at 8:05 AM  

Thank you very much. I'm pretty sure y'all already know a few of them; they've just ADOPTED new identities.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP