Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Woo-hoo!

We've got two offers on our house for sale upstate!!

One's a high offer with lots of conditions

One's a low offer with not a lot of conditions

Decisions... decisions.....

We bought the house for my stepdaughter to live in when she was a junior in college. She had moved out of the dorm and into her first apartment. When we got the bill for her yearly rent, I said to my cool husband, "Jesus Christ! This is the down payment on a freaking house!"

So we bought an apartment house instead, and paid the mortgage from the rent of other little college kids. We were going to hang onto it because we thought my stepson would be going to the same college, but he's discovered that playing video games pays much more than any job, so go figure. How come I couldn't get paid for playing Atari when I was his age?

I'll be glad to get rid of it. It was a beautiful old house broken down into four apartments, and we really put our heart and soul into it making it a nice place for kids to live in, but it's time for it to go.

I'm slowly but surely making my way through emails and whatnot. This is just such an incredibly hectic time with the kids, and the pending house sale is just adding more. Things will definitely quiet down in a few weeks, and I'll be able to get that post up that answers the HOW DID YOU DO IT? question that I keep getting. I'm not ignoring you, I swear. I'm just frazzled. I can't help it. I'm adopted, damnit.

8 complaints from ingrates:

LeRoy Dissing May 17, 2007 at 3:17 AM  

I hear you Theresa. Our kids are doing the same thing as they go to college. If parents can swing it, it is better to buy a condo or something similar to recoop the investment. Living expenses are by far the greater cost of attending college...and when it is time, the kids will sell it and that will be their nest egg for buying their own houses.

Hang in there and we look forward to seeing more of you when the dust settles!

Ungrateful Little Bastard May 17, 2007 at 7:45 AM  

Thanks Lee. But, she's not getting the nest egg, that's all going to pay back the mortgage :)

But yes it actually is cheaper in the long run, rather than paying for two years of rent, to get a multi-family house and then pay the mortgage with the rent you bring in.

mia,  May 17, 2007 at 6:27 PM  

YEAAA! Congratulations on the sale!

Atari? So if we are giving up our age here I guess I will add that I was addicted to Centipede. Can you imagine how incredibly boring our kids would think Pong is? lol

Ungrateful Little Bastard May 18, 2007 at 4:40 PM  

Yeah MA that's where we are leaning, but they want a lot of conditions. Either way we're making money , it's just a matter of how much free time I have to organize the stuff the buyer is asking. Hmmmmm

Erika May 20, 2007 at 4:00 PM  

ok i am totally green with envy man. i surf the net and do not get paid!!

im in the middle of apt hunting.
it is so hectic - i cant imagine what thats like.

Ungrateful Little Bastard May 21, 2007 at 11:56 AM  

No kidding - right?? He's playing a GAME and he's MAKING MONEY. We were so born to the wrong generation.

Apartment hunting is stressful, and then there's the MOVE. Yikes. Sending lots of thoughts your way

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP