Sunday, June 10, 2007

Adoptee finds birth mother after years of searching


Adoptee finds birth mother after years of searching
Adoptees and birth parents increasingly want to meet, and more tools are available to help

Laura MacRory had long wondered about the woman who gave her life in 1977 — who she was, how she looked, what she was like.


MacRory had been adopted at birth by a family in Wichita Falls, and, by every measure, her upbringing had been stable and happy. But still she wondered, and for years she searched.


It wasn't easy. But three months ago, with the help of a private investigator, MacRory found her birth mother, Carol Cannon, in Fort Smith, Ark. And last week, for the first time, the two met in an emotional reunion in the Houston area, where MacRory, 30, and her husband, Sean, live.


Full story is in the link

6 complaints from ingrates:

Judy June 10, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

That's a great story. Well, except for this part:

"each party is required by law to go through at least one hour of counseling before more information is provided."

and all the rest of the crap that Texas makes grown people do before they release any records. Honestly!

But it's great that they were able to be reunited.

Amyadoptee June 11, 2007 at 1:06 AM  

I hadn't heard of that part about the counseling. Its so easy to find in Texas because of all the indices are available for public inspection. So this registry is nothing but crap anyway.

What I found amusing in this story is the story originated in my part of the world. No wonder that mother left Texas. Vernon Texas is the bottom of the barrel. I work in Wichita Falls. Keep in mind the W.T. Waggoner Estate aka The Waggoner Ranch is based in Vernon. So this story really caught my eye. I wonder if her boyfriend has heritage here on this ranch.

Lillie June 11, 2007 at 8:40 AM  

I so love these stories about families reuniting. It is just so.....right. I hope and pray that they will be able to keep this reunion up and have a successful and happy relationship. Because that is the hard part; reunions are easy, it's what comes afterwards that is so hard.

Adoption is just so rotten.

Anonymous,  June 11, 2007 at 12:20 PM  

I couldn't find the comment link to the previous piece on "They're only thinking of the mothers" so if it is OK with you, I thought I would post it here.

I am reunited with my son - wonderful reunion of 4 years now.
I never wanted anonymity, I never asked for anonymity. In fact, I was PROMISED that my son would be able to find me! I expected him to. I never kept him a secret from my immediate family as I believe that honesty is the best policy.

I read ALL the posts for those two articles - there were loads of us mothers on there saying we WANT the records opened - in fact, I could not find one single mother saying otherwise.

Why won't they listen?

Why is it men in particular that are forcing this on this?

One has to wonder if these men are the ones who have something to hide - did some of them abandon their girlfriends in time of need?
Otherwise, why are they protesting so much on our behalf when we did not ask them to in the first place?
Hmmm...

("I think the lady doth protest too much" Shakespeare - change that to "men")

Anonymous,  June 11, 2007 at 12:21 PM  

BTW, I left my 2 cents worth in telling them that I don't want this anonymity, I never expected and I am sick and tired of it being forced on me.

Ungrateful Little Bastard June 11, 2007 at 6:43 PM  

Anon you think a lot like my husband. He swears that's why so many men who don't have any connection at all to adoption are all up in arms about keeping records closed - that they don't want their past to come back haunting them.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP