Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Back from the dead

Here's another good one to add to your searcher toolbox.

Resurrect Pages is a extremely cool plug-in for Firefox, which you really should be using instead of Internet Explorer. The 45% of my blog visitors who are still using Internet Explorer, I'm talking to you.

Anyway, if you're actively searching you're most likely spending a lot of time surfing around. The ULB Law of Searchers states that the 1 Google result you need will, 9 times out of 10, be a dead link. That's where Resurrect Pages comes in. Instead of manually having to search though old archives, this plug in will let you select which archive you want to search right from the dead result itself.

Very, very cool utility.

2 complaints from ingrates:

Being Me July 7, 2007 at 8:03 PM  

Hi Teresa,
Your encouragement to try Firefox tipped me to at least google it. There are so many options! Help! Which one do I download from safely?

Ungrateful Little Bastard July 7, 2007 at 11:48 PM  

The one from mozilla.com is fine. Also download.com is OK too

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP