Thursday, July 05, 2007

College? So soon?

Alright I'm going to be away for a few days, and not sure how much laptop time I'll have.

We've got two pretty big events this weekend. I've got to get my stepson to the airport early. He's flying off to Dallas. He's actually got two events in Dallas this month. I don't understand how all of this works, but these two are pretty important to him. The final result is if his team does well at these two, they will be getting a contract that will pay them an outrageous sum of money in the five figure range.

I'm just going to let that sink in for a minute. An 18 year old will be paid more than some people make in a year for playing video games. OK it's not really for playing the games. It's some advertiser who will be paying the team to wear their logos somewhere on their shirts on TV.

I'd just like to take this time to put it out there that if there are any advertisers who would like me to put their logo on this blog, go ahead and speak up. Don't be shy, really. I'll play spider solitaire on TV for you.

But the even bigger event is the start of college for my son. He's going to a college that is year round so they get their degrees sooner. We're heading to MA to pick up some of his stuff he left there, then move in day is Saturday.

My little boy is starting college. I'm not doing very well with this. I'm already checking the calendar and Amtrak schedules to get him back here for labor day weekend. I'm having separation anxiety twelve ways to tomorrow.

My little boy moves into the dorm on Saturday morning.

I'm a wreck.

7 complaints from ingrates:

Andie D. July 5, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

And I freaked when my son turned five!

COLLEGE? ALL NIGHTERS? DRINKING? SKANKY GIRLS?

Oops. I didn't make you feel any better, did I?

I'm sure he's going to have some separation anxiety too.

Judy July 5, 2007 at 10:07 PM  

Oh my. I can't imagine.

Third Mom July 6, 2007 at 7:11 PM  

I am so with you. My little boy is not far behind - he'll move into his dorm in August.

Just can't believe it.

Possum July 7, 2007 at 6:43 AM  

WOW.
This is one big year for you - hey Theresa.
Never a dull moment.
Thinking of you.
Poss. xx

LeRoy Dissing July 8, 2007 at 8:34 AM  

Theresa....we were there last year when our son - the last child - went off to college. Guess what? He transfered this year to the University in the town we live in and moved back home last month. We are sooo glad he is back home where we know he is safe. He didn't live in the dorm but in an apartment with three other teenage boys going to college. I think he is glad to be home. I know his mom is - just loves to cook for him!

Hope all goes well with your transition. It is a big one and it will be good for both of you although hard to be sure. If he does decide to come live back home and attend a school close, he will appreciate home a lot more for having gone!

Erika July 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM  

totally commiserating with you!

i cried in my beer last friday nite while repeating the story to my friends that this young boy is calling on my daughter.i actually shooed this kid out of my yard!

why do they have to grow up? why, why.....:o(

Erika July 10, 2007 at 9:42 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP