Monday, August 27, 2007

Encountering New World of Adoption: 2nd International Conference on Adoption and Culture

Encountering New World of Adoption:
2nd International Conference on Adoption and Culture



Anyone going?

I'm considering it. I'm trying to see if I can finagle the time off from work. It's tough - October 11th is the go-live date of the project I'm working on. I may need to come in on Friday. But that would mean missing Betty Jean Lifton on opening day. Crap! Again with this work nonsense cutting into my adoption healing time!

Also, I added a new toy to the blog.

Check out my cool sexy new event widget down in the lower right, courtesy of Widgetbox.

What this widget is doing is pulling my events calendar from Upcoming. It's real easy to set up an account at Upcoming and add your events to it. I've added a few RegDay entries already and will get more posted soon. If you sign up to add any adoption related events add me up as a friend and I'll pull your events over too. Or if you want me to post one for you, just hit me up and I'll add it for you. Just adoption related events please.


4 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  August 28, 2007 at 2:27 PM  

Weird. That widget works in Firefox but not in IE. It's cool though. Anyone doing a regday table in PA?

Ungrateful Little Bastard August 28, 2007 at 6:59 PM  

Really? I'll have to check it out later. It might be your IE settings too. But yet another reason to use Firefox!!

Sorry - So far nothing in PA. I'll be at the Kingston NY table. PA had their chance with me but nooooooobody wanted to do all the hard coordinator work with me riding on their coattails, so I'm heading upstate for Regday.

mia,  August 28, 2007 at 7:24 PM  

There are usually at least two or three people here I know of that run booths. Let me see if I can get the scoop and will let you know. I dropped the ball for coordinator but planned to volunteer at a booth. If nobody has I will scramble and try to make that happen.

Please come to Pitt. T!!!

Ungrateful Little Bastard August 28, 2007 at 9:20 PM  

I'm hoping to coordinate a table on Long Island for the 2009 Regday; right now with everything going on I just can't make the commitment to organize. Claude said she'd organize in Kingston so I volunteered to help out at that one. How far are you from the NY/PA border? Is that a do-able drive? It would be so incredible if you could come up!!

I want to go to Pittsburgh so bad but I don't think I'm going to be able to swing it. It depends on how smoothly everything goes, but I don't want to be sitting at a conference having my pager go off all day Fri and Sat. I hate working.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP