Monday, August 20, 2007

I am back. I am tired. I shall return

It's really smart to take an entire week of vacation off when you're planning on calling your mom for the first time. I learned that from my friends.

But it's really dumb to take an entire week of vacation off when you're in the middle of a new project. I learned that from the 243 unread emails in my work inbox this morning.

But then again it's really smart to take an entire week of vacation off when you're planning on calling your mom for the first time plus when you're in the middle of a new project, because the catch-up will keep you so busy you can avoid thinking about adoption from 7AM to 8PM.

You also can avoid thinking about adoption when your son, taking the train back to college, sleeps through his stop and calls you from a deserted train station in Maine at the end of the train line asking how he's going to get back to his dorm in New Hampshire on a Sunday night. You know, when something like that happens, adoption doesn't cross your mind once. When that happens, all you can think is:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY BABY IS STRANDED IN MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK actually I just lied. What you really think is:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MY BABY IS STRANDED IN MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(oh. Maine. They just opened records)

So no, you can't avoid thinking about adoption. But you can get so busy you can pretend.

I must get to work. I just needed to say thank you again. I am so lucky to know you.

0 complaints from ingrates:

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP