Wednesday, August 08, 2007

I love you guys

Shhhh, don't tell -- I'm posting from a teensie tiny window right now so no one can see me slacking off blogging - I'm seriously here, just so busy at work it's unreal. By the time I'm done, all I can do is crash. This happens every now and then that things go nuts.

I'm hoping to have free time to get caught up soon. Thank you for the comments and the emails and for caring. I am seriously so lucky to know you. I'm still here, and I'm still cranky and ungrateful.

P.S. I still hate being adopted.

P.P.S. And I hate that in IT, whenever you roll out a new service to end users and try to get them to use it, it's called "embracing adoption", or that I have to make a presentation this afternoon about my "adoption strategy"

P.P.P.S. I don't embrace adoption.

See you soon.

10 complaints from ingrates:

suz August 8, 2007 at 11:41 AM  

how about those that embrace quickly? you know, those "early adopters". guh. working in IT I hear it too. Wish there were some late adopters. like really really late. like so late they lose their chance. like terminally late. like late cuz they are stuck in the traffic jam of reality and adoption trauma.

mia,  August 8, 2007 at 3:01 PM  

(((((Theresa))))

Wanna talk?

Stewie,  August 8, 2007 at 9:53 PM  

oh my lord embracing adoption?! Oh no, that is just wrong.

Love ya, T. Even if you are pushing adoption right now. hahahaha

xoxo

mama2roo,  August 9, 2007 at 12:48 PM  

You're funny. Sorry work is hitting you hard (in many ways)but glad you're still here.

Sunny,  August 9, 2007 at 1:19 PM  

Thanks for the laugh. Just checked in to see where you have been. Take Care.

Erika August 9, 2007 at 6:12 PM  

it's weird when you hear the word adoption in different circles.

i tend to think of politics when they 'adopt' new policy.

to me, to adopt means inventing something new and making it your own.

u cant just 'adopt' a human being.altho the word would imply it works so nicely. NOT!!

Paula O. August 10, 2007 at 1:11 AM  

Hi Theresa,

The IT world is completely foreign to me - I can't pretend to even know anything about it. But "Embracing Adoption"? HUH?!!!

Thinking of you.

Anonymous,  August 10, 2007 at 4:16 PM  

I see weird stuff like "Adopt a wild animal" - or even weirder, "Adopt a bridge" !!!

How does someone actually do that?
It is not like you are going out to the woods to sit on a bald eagles nest or personally look after your "adopted" bridge now, is it? The whole concept is absurd.

Other words used to be used like "sponsor" etc. which made more sense.

Why has the word "adoption" popped up for everything.

Neighbourhood watches now "adopt roads"

Very silly!

Third Mom August 10, 2007 at 6:04 PM  

Theresa, just wanted to say hi and hope you're OK! I'm way too far behind in reading to know everything that's going on, so how about you just stay cranky while I come back up to speed!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP