Tuesday, September 04, 2007

After decades, family whole again

Oh this one is another real tear-jerker. It's got a video that goes along with it too. Unfortunately I can't embed it here, so either go to the news link or click here to view it. It's a must see though.

After decades, family whole again

Donald and Andrew embrace.


TAMPA - Jeannea Beaumont could hardly wait any longer. She had already waited 26 years.

"I've been a nervous wreck," she explained.

Saturday evening, she was waiting to finally meet her oldest son Andrew, the baby boy she gave up for adoption more than two decades ago.

"I saw him when he was 3 days old. That's the last time I saw him," she explained.

"It's a blessing that we've found him. And I can't wait to see him," added sister Rachael Beaumont, who was standing in TIA's main terminal with her mother and dozens of family members -- including Andrew's father.

"I'm just gonna give him a great big hug and a kiss and tell him I love him," Donald Hill offered.

Jeannea spent years searching records and the internet for her first-born child. Three weeks ago, she finally found him.

It led to Saturday's family reunion like no other -- tears and hugs for Andrew Makoid, all grown up now.

Andrew has a lifetime of catching up to do. His family just got a whole lot bigger.

"A whole lot bigger, a whole lot. I love it. It's a blessed day today. A blessed day today," he observed.

"It's a miracle. For 26 years I waited for this, and now its finally happened," Donald added.

Andrew now has five sisters and a brother, along with dozens of cousins and extended family members. They're all getting a chance to know each other for the first time.


2 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  September 4, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

I am so happy for them.

Reunited Dan,  September 5, 2007 at 4:29 AM  

Very nice.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP