Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Nations Orphan Association (FNOA) - Adoptee Welcome Home Gathering!

Got this in my email and wanted to post quickly as this is coming up soon. One in four babies... my god. Click on image for full size




Please repost -- thanks!

Greetings all,

I am forwarding an ad for an adoptee Welcome Home Gathering. This gathering is a first in Indian Country where a tribe is formally welcoming home their adoptees.

White Earth along with Red Lake reservation had the highest rates of removal in the state of MN where 1 in 4 babies were removed from their home before the passage of ICWA in 1978.

Since adoptees are scattered across the country I am asking if you could help in posting this ad.

For more information contact:

Sandy White Hawk
www.geocities.com/fnoac



5 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  September 5, 2007 at 9:22 AM  

They took loads of native babies in Canada as well. Native parents were forced to sign over custody when their children went to these dreadful residential schools. The Canadian government has been forced to compensate them to the tune of approx 12 billion dollars.

The judge ruled that taking children from families without justification is ABUSE - of both the child AND the family.

Nice to see a judge with common sense and compassion.

Cathy

Anonymous,  September 5, 2007 at 9:25 AM  

In Canada, to stop Native adoptees searching, the social workers would tell the adoptive family that the baby was of "French or Italian" descent to hide their true heritage.

Even worse, at least 3,000 Canadian Native babies were sent to the US and told that they were born in the US, not Canada (as well as being told the above lie in many cases).

It makes you wonder how many will ever find their true heritage or family.

Cathy

Anonymous,  September 5, 2007 at 11:39 AM  

Glad to know about this Coming Home. I work at the Minneapolis St. Paul airport and I often send the planes to off to Bemidji. I wonder if I will have the great honor of boading some of these family members on their " way home." My thoughts and prayers will be for all family going to Manohmen and waiting in Manohmen on these days.

a reunited mother

mia,  September 6, 2007 at 9:42 AM  

I reposted this to the CO group.

Can I call today? I have a question for ya'.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP