Thursday, September 06, 2007

Ummm.......

The description.... ummm...

Insert bemused-I-don't-understand-the-writer's-intention-here face.

Social commentary, yeah, OK, but, umm, well, umm, errrr........ scathing social commentary, ok that could be, in which case, yeah I get it, but, well....

I dunno. I can't figure it out. What do you think? Personally I think I should leave off checking email during lunch breaks. I lose my sense of the absurd during working hours.

I'll be back later. Tell me what to think of this, would ya?

11 complaints from ingrates:

suz September 6, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

WOW! WTF!!! Yeah, huh?

tina September 6, 2007 at 4:00 PM  

It's more of the 'adoptee as accessory' type of thought along the lines of the Urban Outfitters shirt they tried to sell a few months ago that said, "Adoption...the new black"

Ugh.

mama2roo,  September 6, 2007 at 4:01 PM  

wow...did you offer any feedback to the company on that one?? I'm still kinda thinking about it...weird, pretentious, offensive...no wonder it costs $850

Erika September 6, 2007 at 6:18 PM  

that was just arrogant and downright insulting.

maybe the owner of the chair needs to go live in the third world.

abebech September 6, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

It isn't funny -- it's far too far behind the trend (entertainment weekly, colbert and urban outfitters covered it months ago) to be funny even IF there was anything remotely funny about it.
And what p*sses me off (like the uo t-shirt) is when people trying to mock adoptive parents (and paparents, and celebrity adoptive parents) belittle adoptees (unlike ibastard's t-shirt translator, which hits its target squarely). Plus, $850 for one chair?!

Ungrateful Little Bastard September 6, 2007 at 9:04 PM  

OK. Was wondering if it was just me. I just felt....... eh

gmcountrymama September 7, 2007 at 1:16 AM  

That is really horrible. I can't believe someone actually wrote something like that.

Tina September 7, 2007 at 4:38 PM  

I sent an email but haven't got anything back...we'll see...

Anonymous,  September 9, 2007 at 9:07 AM  

I thought that was horrible too - even if they did apologise.

Cathy

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP