Friday, October 12, 2007

Dear Mom

Hi Mom, I hope you're OK.

I just got in a little while ago. I have to travel again next week. I really hate this job lately, Mom. I'm so tired of the long hours.

I hope you're OK Mom. I'm really worried about you this year.

I used to wonder if you thought about me on this day. I think some years you forgot what day it was. I'm not saying that to be mean, it's just the way I feel. I think you were busy with the kids and with the house and with working, and maybe it all of a sudden came up on you, that you forgot the date.

I'm not saying this to sound conceited Mom, really, but I do know that this birthday you'll be thinking about me. I'm just about positive. It's alright, I'm thinking about you.

Back in May when I finally found you, I had this thought that maybe this year, we'd all spend the day together as a family. Maybe next year, OK? You know my door's always open to you.

I gotta go to bed now Mom, I'm so wiped. This week was brutal and I'm going to be working crazy hours over the entire weekend. I just think you're awake right now watching the clock, and I wanted to be up at midnight to wait it out with you.

This is for you Mom. Every #1 song from 1963. I hope some of these make you smile. That 'never make a pretty woman your wife' one always cracks me up. I know it was a crappy year for you from January on, but I hope at least you liked the music. I do.



Happy day Mom. I love you.

~Theresa





15 complaints from ingrates:

Angela October 12, 2007 at 7:03 AM  

Best wishes to you today. I really am thinking of you.

Happy Birthday from some one exactly 20 years younger than you.

((Hugs))

jim,  October 12, 2007 at 8:25 AM  

Happy Birthday Theresa.
I know your mother WILL be thinking about you this year, and I hope she will realize what she has been missing.

gmcountrymama October 12, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

Happy Birthday. I hope something good happens for you today. Thinking of you.

Possum October 12, 2007 at 10:57 AM  

I'm thinking of you gorgeous Theresa.
You have a most beautiful heart - and I'm so proud to know you.
Love & hugs,
Poss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

suz October 12, 2007 at 11:06 AM  

happy bday sweetie. i agree. she will be thinking about you. i am also quite confident she did in the past too. we all think of our children. i refuse to believe your mother, who has denied contact, is any different. i suspect her denial is due to the fact that she very much thinks about you and always has and her trauma and grief is too much to bare face to face.
love you.have a happy. hope work calms down.

Erika October 12, 2007 at 7:59 PM  

Theresa,

I knew it was your bday today and I worried that it would be hard for you.I mean what other day of the year besides your own birthday can amplify your experience?

I'm not sure why your first mother won't initiate contact.And I hate that you have to go through so much.

You are in my thoughts often and my wish is for you to celebrate the wonderful person you truly are.

Ka

elizabeth October 12, 2007 at 11:24 PM  

Thinking of you {{{Theresa}}}}

Being Me October 13, 2007 at 8:40 PM  

That's beautiful Theresa.

justenjoyhim/judy October 14, 2007 at 8:11 AM  

Late birthday greetings to you, Theresa.

I imagine your mother does -- and did -- think of you on your birthday.

Just know that it's not about you, it's about her. Her issues, whatever they are.

Anonymous,  October 14, 2007 at 10:17 AM  

Dear Theresa

Happy Belated Birthday.

I am sure your mother is thinking of you - it is just how she is dealing with all of this that is sad.

She doesn't know the joy she's missing.

Here is one mother who is glad you are in her life.

Cathy

mia,  October 15, 2007 at 7:01 AM  

((((Theresa))))

Simon Bell October 15, 2007 at 9:31 AM  

Theresa, you have to know she is going through hell as well; stay cool and she'll come round when she's worked it all out.

fully operational battle station October 16, 2007 at 2:27 PM  

I just really like you Theresa. Hope you have a memorable birthday. I'm sorry things didn't turn out the way you were hoping they would on this day.

Thinking of you and pretty damn positive that your Mom is too,

Jamie

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP