Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Scary things about adoption #5: Yahoo Answers


Click for full effect. You know you want to.

11 complaints from ingrates:

Judy November 6, 2007 at 8:07 AM  

I can see now that I've done this ALL. WRONG. So 12 is the magic age at which we should tell our children that they're adopted? Damnit, and Nate has always known.

So true, why not just find a mother who "doesn't want her child" and have a hand-off in the parking lot of your local grocery store. Or some back alley somewhere. Sort of like a drug deal. We don't need all the red tape and legal crap. Much, much easier and faster. And the part about getting child support AS WELL?! -- BRILLIANT!! Get a baby AND some money!! Those cute little things that you can watch TV with. Wow, that poster makes them sound a lot more fun than I realized. I think I must have "sweat the small stuff" and not just played. I should have tried to get money from some rich guy and then brought in a nanny for the hard stuff and just watched TV with the little tyke.

*sigh* I've done things so WROOONNNG!!!

WHY OH WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME?!!!!

Those Yahoo people are SOOO Smart! I wish I were just a smidgen as smart as they are!

jim,  November 6, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

PROTECT THE BIRTH MOM? From what?

This page could have come from National Lampoon magazine.

Still Born November 6, 2007 at 10:36 AM  

I'm actually laughing at this. It's an appalled, nervous laugh, but it's very out loud and it's very hard. It reminds me of the song where Wesley Willis says, "I like to take women and bump they heads!"

Jenna November 6, 2007 at 11:08 AM  

That made my blood pressure sky rocket. I avoid Yahoo! Answers at all costs and now I know why. Yikes.

Judy November 6, 2007 at 12:44 PM  

I'm sorry, but I'm one of those who's actually laughing at some of this.

I want to make big signs and go out with Still Born and ULB and whoever else will join us -- signs that say "What Z Wrong is Aportion"

What I want to know is: a portion of WHAT? a portion of the whole? her portion? is her portion too small? too big? has she been reading Goldilocks too much?

Un-frickin'-believable.

Ungrateful Little Bastard November 6, 2007 at 12:52 PM  

Obviously that answerer, like me, attempted that NutriSystem mail a meal to your house weight loss program.

They spent oooooodles of dollars to be starving all the time.

What was wrong with NutriSystems?

THE PORTION SIZES!

You so know those commericals are all filmed with dinners on tiny salad plates, right? Yeah I did too, but I joined anyway.

I am protesting in front of Nutrisystems this weekend. Please join us. If their aportions had been larger, I wouldn't have been freaking starving at 8:00 each night.

Mary November 6, 2007 at 2:17 PM  

gack Y/A drives me nuts.

Trenting November 6, 2007 at 2:27 PM  

I really wondered at age 2 why my skin was so dark.. Thankfully my parents waited until I was [12] to tell me why I didn't share their skin color.. jeesh..:o)

Erin November 6, 2007 at 7:24 PM  

You know what the worst part is. Agencies approve these people to adopt children. Agencies don't care if you can come up with the fees for the most part :(

Robin,  November 10, 2007 at 2:28 PM  

WHAT. how do these people even function in life with so little common sense??

my favorite was the amom who was worried about the language barrier with her adopted 6 week old.

WHAT. WHATWHATWHAT.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP