Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Scary things about adoption #6: Adoption Websites

Anyone can make a website about anything they want, this is true.

But when it comes to the selling of human beings, I dunno, call me a fascist, it just irks me.

There are tons of adoption websites out there put up by individuals who have absolutely no connection to adoption whatsoever. They're in it for one thing: $$$$$

Once you've set up your adoption website using purchased templates and free articles from website content sites (again, usually written by people who have no personal connection to adoption) then you can market them.

Again, nothing wrong with making a few bucks online, right?

It's only teh intraweb, am i rite guyz? Huh? Huh? It's not like they are saying anything wrong.

Although even scarier, is that graphic in the upper left hand corner. The hands with hands growing out of them, holding a uterus with an embryo inside that has a weed growing out of it.

Spooky

5 complaints from ingrates:

Still Born November 7, 2007 at 11:20 AM  

I've sent them an e-mail. I'll let you know what they get back to me with.

Mary November 7, 2007 at 4:28 PM  

Ick there is no way I can even look at that site. Barf!

jim,  November 7, 2007 at 8:00 PM  

The weed in the logo symbolizes the stray, unwanted pest to be gotten rid of? Are they trying to infer that mothers are lining up to give their babies away?

What scares me is how ads for these sites seem to be popping up in the margins of more and more non-adoption related sites that I visit.

Sick.

Ungrateful Little Bastard November 8, 2007 at 8:04 AM  

They've got the $$$$ to buy lots of keyword combos for adsense, it's really scary.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP