Friday, November 09, 2007

Scary things about adoption #8: Those who most should be, won't.

Just writing that title made me cry.

I've tried 3 times since writing that to get my thoughts into words, but I can't.

So I'll leave you with a number and a link -

The approximate number of United States children in foster care who need a home: 114,000

What will happen to them when they don't get one: Aging Out

And after that, I can't write any more.

3 complaints from ingrates:

Susan November 9, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

I want to. I want to. I want to. I really really really do. And maybe I will. There are a lot of obstacles, mostly within my own family, but I hope I'll be one of the people who decrease that number just by a few.

fully operational battle station November 9, 2007 at 4:43 PM  

Good Lord that documentary looks heartbreaking.

Foster Care is definitely one that we want to explore in a few years. We have talked about it many times and although Domestic Infant Placement is not ever something we want to do again, Foster Care is. And it's most needed there anyway.

Thanks for the post. Don't cry, you already do so much for those kids. Your voice is invaluable.

Jamie

MomEtc. November 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM  

I can't imagine the pain these kids have. Before I adopted my kids from China, I thought about foster care...I wasn't brave enough.

As my kids get older though, and we have room for more, I will think about it. It's still scary because there's so much potential for heartache, but maybe I'll be brave enough next time.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP