Saturday, November 10, 2007

Scary things about adoption #9: After all this time, we still need a RegDay

DEAR ABBY: I have always thought your advice to be very sound until I read the answer you gave "JUST CURIOUS" who was adopted in her infancy had grown up and married, and had finally tracked down her real mother. She asked you if she should go to see her real mother, and you advised her not to?

Abby, how could you! I gave my baby up for adoption 29 years ago not because I didn't want her, but because I had no husband, and could not afford to keep her. And everyday I pray that my doorbell will ring and she will be standing there. A MOTHER


That letter was published in the Indiana Evening Gazette from Indiana Pennsylvania on Tuesday, September 06, 1966

How long do we have to keep saying the same thing?

I'm in Kingston, NY, on a medieval dialup connection I wouldn't even wish on a Holt International spy, getting ready for bed and the big day tomorrow. Truth be told though my heart is in Philadelphia . There hasn't been a RegDay location in Philly since 2004. In 2008 maybe I'll have more free time and host one there.

So my heart is with all those searching, but most particularly, those from my home town. I'll hold out a good thought that we'll all find our way home, and head down to the corner Irish bar to celebrate. Sounds like heaven. As we would say, Akshlee, that would be a toadalee beeyoutiful dey.

If you're up Kingston way today, why not swing by the Mall and give a shout to me, Claud and Stewie? We'd be glad you came.



Hey PS, toadalee not adoptee related but appropos to the scary theme this month, is anyone else toadalee psyched that Mark Fusetti won the Ghoast Hunters contest? Is that a beeyoutiful accent or what? Click and turn up yur vayoom. I swear to gad, no one outside of Fldelfya knows howda taulk.


1 complaints from ingrates:

Judy November 10, 2007 at 11:00 PM  

Dear Abby doesn't have the market on Right Answers, that's for sure. Time to hit her with a wet noodle.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP