Tuesday, November 13, 2007

"Talk of the Nation" today at 3:00 PM EST

Via my inbox...

Adam Pertman of Evan B. Donaldson Institute will be on NPR's "Talk of the Nation" today at 3 p.m. (Eastern). Also on will be Tom Atwood of NCFA and someone from the ACLU, so it will be sort-of two versus one. Please get word out immediately about the show so that people can call in to provide their comments, support the Institute's work, and comment on whatever the other two guests have to say. Call-in number is 800-989-8255.


3 complaints from ingrates:

Judy November 13, 2007 at 11:12 AM  

1. Adam Pertman continues to be my hero.

2. I can't help it, every time ACLU comes up in this context, I feel personally disappointed by them. :(

3. Not so much the NCFA; they've always had a lot of suckage.

4. Thanks so much for the heads-up. I HAVE to remember this and listen!!

5. You rock, as always.

Still Born November 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM  

Will there be a podcast of this?

Ungrateful Little Bastard November 14, 2007 at 2:03 AM  

Yeah it's up at
http://tinyurl.com/2tz2rb

And thanks Judy. The NCFA sucks, the ACLU lets down, but even more, NPR lets down too.

Color me ungrateful, but 2 men, neither one adopted, talking about moms and adoptees. I just find it... depressingly familiar. I did write to them and stated while I appreciate very much the efforts of the study (and I do), I wish some show at NPR would do a follow up and allow the voices of moms and adoptees to speak for themselves instead of being call-in guests.

Oh, and Atwood is a douche.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP