Monday, December 17, 2007

Such a good idea

This.

Check it out. It's really great.





I tried to do this a long time ago, in the dark old ages when videos and computers did not go hand in hand. My video camera was three times the size of the laptop I have now and weighed about 25 pounds. I had to keep it on a tripod because it would hurt my shoulder after a while. I used to interview my friends, and then watch them on this ancient thing called a VCR, which was a way to steal someone's soul and keep it in this little black box. Also once you were done watching someone's stolen soul, you needed to rewind it back to the beginning if you wanted to watch it again. These were dark times.

In any event, I wanted to do this with my adoptive mom. I would have liked to do it with my dad too but he was on the road most of the time and usually passed out on his recliner when he was home. Now that I'm working the same kind of hours he did, I view my memories of him snoring on the recliner with a much more sympathetic eye than I did before. (Yes, I will admit, I did steal his sleeping soul though, and made a video called Interview with the Snoring Man. I know that's mean but he thought it was funny.)

Anyway my adoptive mom would have none of it. Having her soul stolen wasn't high on her list of priorities. I wish she had agreed to it though, it would be interesting to look at 20 something years later. I wonder if she'd agree to it now? I may test this out.

Anyway, I really love this, and hope you will too.



2 complaints from ingrates:

half&half December 17, 2007 at 6:14 PM  

Thanks dear. There's stuff that maybe should have gone in there but didn't because of time constraints. If you're interested (and don't feel bad if you aren't) I can send you the original clips as quicktime files.

Ungrateful Little Bastard December 18, 2007 at 11:45 AM  

Yes - I'd love to see them - thanks!!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP