Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007

was, hands down, my favorite year to be an adoptee.

In spite of:

  • ongoing battles for my non-id
  • the general suckage of being adopted
  • the lolz of contact denial


this has been the most authentic year of my life.

Look to the links to the left and the right for the reason why.

Thank you.

I'm so excited for 2008. The Adoptee Rights Demonstration is just growing in my heart, I'm almost tempted to get one of those ghoulish fetus countdown thingies that some domestically waiting adoptive parents have adorning their myspace pages. But I'll abstain.

Close on the heels of my digg post, via google alerts I see the the announcement of the Adoptee Rights News Blog, which will focus on articles specific to adoptee identity rights. So please subscribe!

I have learned so much this past year, having emerged from years of private journaling because I thought no one else felt the same way I did, after all, that's what I was told so many times. But surprise surprise surprise. I can't remember the exact date I came over to blogger.... when I opened this blog I pulled over some of my older posts from my journals, so my archive dates are as much a lie as my amended birth certificate.

Also growing in my heart for 2008 is a little chosen side project of mine that's making me feel pretty special, I hope to get details posted later this week. It's been keeping me busy but busy is good. Stay tuned.

But for now I have to go to work. Yes, I am working New Year's Day. Yes, it sucks, but so far I've yet to receive one single job offer with a mid-range salary plus benefits and pension for venting about adoption, I simply cannot comprehend why.




3 complaints from ingrates:

Andie D. January 1, 2008 at 5:54 PM  

What's the special project? TELL PLEASE!

2007 was good for me too as an adoptling. Rough, sad, but good. Eye opening. Thanks for the reminder.

P.S. If you find that adoption blogger job, please let me know. I want to apply too.

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 1, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

Oh you just hold your adoptee ponies, young lady. But as you're an AFC'er you'll know first as I'll be posting it there before I post it here. And yes that is a shameless ploy to increase AFC membership.

I'll give you a hint though, it starts with the word Free. Free is a lovely word, especially for anyone who ever had to pay money to find out their nationality.

Erika January 2, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Happy New Year Theresa!

I hope 2008 brings change and hope for those fighting for records and for all of us affected by adoption.

You have so much to be proud of.It isnt easy being authentic!Hard won but well worth it!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP