Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Adoptee Dump Bonanza!!

Is it just me, or is this on the increase?

From the diplomat you love to hate, to the African-theme-bedroom designing disposer, to the Yippie-i-o-ki-ay ranch for kids with 'screwed up brains', to missing Jaliek Rainwalker (who according to this article was pending a return prior to his disappearance), and now this one who, unbelievably, claims the state 'forced her' to adopt her son. This is a new one on me, I've got to hand it to her. The crime her son committed is horrific, but claiming she was forced into a relationship, that takes the cake.

Are throwaway adoptees with boo-hoo-hooing adoptive parents on the increase? Is it being reported more? Or am I just more sensitive to it? I'm not sure.

Edit: Policy on Adoptee Returns came up in my reader after I made this post. Check it out. I gotta get back to work.

4 complaints from ingrates:

KristySearching January 9, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

WTF????? Sorry I don't usually cuss. You know I have an un-ruly teenage daughter at home. Perhaps I should "dump" her. Geesh, un-adoption???? Camps for returned children???? This is just crazy! Yes, children have problems, as a parent you deal with it, if you just give them back basically you add more issues to a child who already has issues. Whatever happened to love being unconditional?

KristySearching January 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

PS I linked to you, thank you!

Sunny January 10, 2008 at 10:45 PM  

It does seem to be on the rise! Adopters are allowed to break the contract, but not the kids! Go figure.

Robin January 19, 2008 at 1:52 AM  

This is my absolute #1 adoption-related... gripe? I guess? I don't think there's a word in any language strong enough for how this issue makes me feel... I can't even talk/think about about it clearly enough to articulate... anything. ARGH. unreal.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP