Thursday, January 17, 2008

Could it get any worse?

Yeah, it did.

Honestly, I could not make this up if I tried.

She had a stroke a few months ago, and made a really remarkable recovery. We kept saying how lucky we were. They told us she was going to be blind. They were wrong. Her sight came back. She seemed happy.

Until this morning. She had a second stroke, much worse than the first, and there was no chance for recovery.

I'm going to see if I can't have the other cats put into some sort of suspended animation life support. I simply cannot deal with another pet loss anytime for at least the next 10 or 20 years. Or 30.

She was a very good girl. She had nothing but disdain for everyone except my son and the dog. Oddly enough this affection for the dog only started after her first stroke. Before that she wouldn't give her the time of day, but afterwards, I think maybe she found her size comforting. She would sleep curled up next to her.

I loved her because she had an ungrateful attitude, the way all good cats should be.

15 complaints from ingrates:

Mia,  January 17, 2008 at 1:27 PM  

OH MY GOD Theresa! Shit. I wish you were around the corner so I could come make you a cup of tea and give you a hug.

Still Born January 18, 2008 at 2:53 AM  

What the cock is that shit?

I'm sorry, love. I have my beeb's ashes on my nighstand.

Laurel January 18, 2008 at 3:57 AM  

I'm so sorry. )-: No matter how many times you deal with it in how many years, it never gets any easier.

abebech January 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Oh Theresa, I'm so sorry.

AdoptionPledgE2Unite January 18, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Sorry Theresa. They are better than people, I think they are people.

Robin January 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM  

I am sooo sorry, Theresa. That sucks. I wish there was something to make it better.

Possum January 19, 2008 at 5:47 AM  

I'm so sorry Theresa.
You must be hurting like crazy.
Sending love & hugs from down here.
Poss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

KimKim January 19, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

Sorry, she looked like a big huggable type. I hope you are not too sad.

elizabeth January 20, 2008 at 11:53 PM  

I'm so sorry Theresa. She was a beauty. :((((

Erika January 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

Sorry to hear it.Cats are amazing.
They are like part of the family.

Big Hugs

MomEtc. January 21, 2008 at 9:10 PM  

Oh, I'm so sorry to read this. I've always had cats (I have two now) and the pain of losing them is immense.


(((big hugs)))

Paula O. January 24, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Oh, goodness, Theresa. I'm so, so sorry. I'm keeping you close in thought and in prayer.

(((((Theresa)))))

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP