Thursday, January 03, 2008

Good Morning, here's the news. And all of it is good.

Quick! Who remembers this fine gentleman ---





I heard that catchy tune last night in my car, and seriously - I pulled over to the side of the road to write a snippet of lyrics down so I could google it later. I wanted to find out who this cool 'new' band was.

When the search results came up, I just about fell over. How cool is that?

I don't know why, it sounds like a good new year type of song to me. Probably because I'm feeling SO EXCITED ABOUT NEW ORLEANS I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT IT!!

I'd say it prompted me to have a resolution to be more positive, but that wouldn't last long. I'm not really a new year's resolution type of gal. But - I do have one for this year, and that's reducing the clutter in my house. We have a tiny house. We have too much stuff. These two things combined make me cranky and irritable.

I'm working on reducing my book load first. It's a good thing that we're a house full of readers, but it's a bad thing that we're a house full of book buyers. We all seem to have criminal records when it comes to returning library books, therefore we buy rather than borrow. So I'm having a big book sweep first.

Oh and PS - the weather's good too.

11 complaints from ingrates:

Still Born January 3, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

have you ever checked out bookmooch?

Mary January 3, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

The News was the first concert I ever saw (they opened for Cheap Trick). Awesome.

Mary January 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

I'm with you on the not borrowing and buying instead. Imagine if you worked in a bookstore like I do...lol

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

You've made my day!

Cathy

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 7:46 AM  

They call themselves "Carbon/Silicon" and they have an album out called
"The Last Post". You probably recognised ex-Clash guitar player Mick Jones.

Great stuff.

Cathy

Anonymous,  January 4, 2008 at 10:24 AM  

LOL I found this blog by googling those lyrics too.

Gershom January 4, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

thanks T for everything you do!

mia,  January 5, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

You sound better T and that makes me really freaking happy!!!!!

Think Mps March 31, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

I will add - I heard some of the song on the radio today and found your blog by googling the lyrics! :) Nice vid

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 31, 2008 at 10:33 AM  

Isn't it great think mps? I was so excited to see him playing. He sounds great, just great.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP