Monday, January 28, 2008

I'm still here

I'm just insanely busy right now with yet another Fun! Huge! Project! at work.

Allegedly, funds have been set aside for me to get an assistant sometime in 2008. Please, God whom I don't believe in, please let it be soon.

Just to make things ever funner, I've got freaking jury duty. And New York is lolz nutz. There's a courthouse 20 minutes from me, where juror duty starts at 1:00 PM. And then there's a courthouse 1 hour from me, where juror duty starts at 9:30 AM. Guess which courthouse I got assigned to?

Now, according to the New York Juror rules, your employer cannot legally tell you that after doing a full day of jury duty, you then need to log on afterwards and still do your work.

Yeah, right. No, no one told me I have to do that, but when you're the only person who can do your job, and you've got deadlines, what else can you do?

I'm pissed though because I had wanted to take a day off in March to go to Albany, but now with this time off from work I won't be able to swing it.

So all this is working wonders for my mood. I've been crazy depressed lately, between the whole magic of adoption and the mourning my pets thing, people have been asking me, "Why are you grimacing?" when I didn't realize I was. Also I have this odd feeling that I get sometimes, like this cloak of stupidity has encased my brain and I can't coherently string words together.

Well I must run to go battle the LIE. I'll leave you with this - remember that guy who videotaped his first call to his mom? Here's a quick update:








Direct link: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2qTxgGWiUxY

4 complaints from ingrates:

abebech January 28, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I just got summoned to jury duty. For freaking spring break.

Erika January 28, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

jury duty blows!especially the video they make you watch that tells you that you have to your 'civic duty'

i think you can get out of jury duty if you can prove you've either got health issues or you're a caretaker of children or elderly.

wishing you some r&r real soon!

mia,  January 29, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

UGH jury duty! I was lucky, someone brought their laptop and we watched movies and played cards. Good luck with everything!!! Call me if you get bored during jury duty.

Ungrateful Little Bastard February 3, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

I tried my darndest to get out, but no such luck. I was chosen ;)

And jury duty over spring break should be illegal

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP