Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The sweetest rottweiler in the world

passed away last night. She was only 9 years old. She had just had a checkup with x-rays for her arthritis and bladder issues at the end of October. On Friday night she didn't want dinner, but that wasn't such a surprise nor a new occurrence. She was on prescription dog food for bladder stones that was pretty vile, and had gone on hunger strikes in protest before. She'd eat doggie treats and crappy dog food, but none of the healthy stuff.

Monday morning she started vomiting. She had a full x-ray at the vets and was found to have tumors throughout her stomach, bladder, esophagus, lungs and liver. All in the space of three months these developed.

She was a rescue, like all of the animals in this house. Being unwanted, I have a great affinity for animals that other people don't want. She was originally purchased from a breeder as a puppy, but once she got past that cuddly puppy stage she wasn't so cute anymore, and she was dumped with a rottweiler rescue group. Her first family thought she was a danger. They wanted to protect their family from the big mean vicious rottweiler.



She will be greatly missed.

9 complaints from ingrates:

Sang-Shil January 16, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

I'm sorry... she was so beautiful.

Mary January 16, 2008 at 9:23 AM  

I am sorry for your loss. It's hard losing a member of the family.

abebech January 16, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

I'm sorry, too. She was very beautiful.

Mia,  January 16, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

(((((Theresa)))))) I know how hard this experience is. I am so sorry.

elizabeth January 20, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

I'm very sorry for your loss.

MomEtc. January 21, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize when I read the post about your beloved kitty, that you had just lost your pup! I am so sorry! I'm an animal lover too. All of my kitties have been rescues as well.

(((more big hugs)))

Ungrateful Little Bastard January 28, 2008 at 6:21 AM  

E. & Mom - Thank you. I still don't believe it really.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP