Thursday, February 07, 2008

You know what?

When you're depressed, and you're adopted, and you google adoption depression, because you're depressed about adoption, and page after page after page after page is all about depression in adoptive parents, that's very depressing.


I know I've been a horrible blog neighbor lately. Sorry. I'm depressed.

16 complaints from ingrates:

suz,  February 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

hugs to you.

i totally undertand. not doing so well myself lately.

much love.

jim,  February 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Amazing, isn't it? Adopting a child is sooooo stressfull...

Sending big hugs your way.

readingwritingliving February 7, 2008 at 1:25 PM  

Ugh. That sucks.

I'm sorry. I hope things feel better soon.

Tina with much2say February 7, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

Sorry your so down, Its hardly surprising after losing your rottie and pus hope you feel better soon
love tina xx

Judy February 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Oh, Theresa, I'm sorry you're depressed my friend.

*hugs* and all to you.

Love,
Judy

Laurel February 8, 2008 at 3:16 AM  

Sorry you're depressed. )-: I'm wrestling with that now too.

I've been down that little slice of Google myself and found it, well, depressing. Is there ANY aspect of what happened to us that isn't somehow all about someone else?

Mary February 8, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

ugh. i know how that is. its all about THEM...

Michelle,  February 8, 2008 at 11:19 PM  

I am depressed to read in The Nation all the gushing adoration of the movie Juno and how single teen mothers who keep their babies give them a crappy life : /

Sang-Shil February 9, 2008 at 8:43 PM  

I hope that things turn around for you soon.

(((((Theresa)))))

elizabeth February 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

{{{{Theresa}}}} I'm sorry you are depressed. I can totally relate, I feel like I've been battling depression my whole life.

Sending you love and light xx

Mia February 12, 2008 at 2:53 PM  

I'm here. Anytime... if you need a shoulder. OK?
((((Theresa))))

DENISE ROESSLE February 12, 2008 at 10:46 PM  

Been there, still doing that off and on. It sneaks up.

(((HUGS)))

On another note, Theresa, I'm writing to ask for you help, the help of all bloggers, to spread the word.

I'm hoping to write an article about the impacts of reunion on spouses and siblings. I started this project last fall and got little input. But a recent comment to my post spurred me to get back on it: Reunion Impacts

There's lots of talk, lots of information, about how reunion impacts the natural parents and their grown children. But little said about how reunion affects the spouses (of both parties) and siblings. I want to hear from anyone with something to share on this topic:

As a birth parent, how did your spouse react to your reunion? What were the impacts on your spouse and/or your other children? What about your relationship with your parents and other family members?

As an adoptee, how did your reunion affect your spouse and children? Your adopted siblings? What is your relationship with your natural siblings?

Perhaps there are also adoptive parents out there for whom reunion had an impact on their marriages.

People can respond with comments on my blog or by emailing me at: Denise

Thanks, and more hugs,

Denise

Gershom February 13, 2008 at 1:24 PM  

hang in there ((((((T))))))

Tina with much2say February 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

Theresa just want to let you know it's not the same in adoption city without you! You are missed.
love tina

Ungrateful Little Bastard February 22, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

((((All you peeps above))))

Thank you

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP