Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Bette Midler was never one of my Likely Suspects

It's not that she was too young; she's just about the same age as mom.

It's not that I didn't want to be her secret illegitimate love child. I did.

It's just that I never believed anything like me could have been created from someone so.... Divine.





I adore her. I do. (I adore Colin Firth too)

I'd give anything to hear the words, "I want to get to know you" said to me.

"Then She Found Me" is scheduled for release in theaters April 25th.

9 complaints from ingrates:

Judy March 19, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

I SO want to see that.

I read that book awhile back and liked it, but I think I need to re-read it.

Oh yay, it looks like maybe a movie about adoption that might be really cool!

Jenna March 19, 2008 at 2:06 PM  

A) The book was good. So I fear for the movie. Movies are never as good as books. Midler gives it hope but I'm usually a book lover.

B) There are some things in the book that might not translate well to the general public but who knows.

C) What's with these movies and ME? Juno was originally slated for mass release on the Munchkin's birthday though it came out a week or two earlier. This one? MY birthday. WTFTOAST?! Weird.

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 20, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

ok that IS weird.

I never read it Judy but I've just added it to my list. All I know is xoxoxoxoBettexoxoxoxox

Pickel March 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Oh, I am so interested...A Book too?

P.S. Wanted to know that I chose you for that list because of your honest views on adoption. I appreciate the "other" side SO much. It makes me stop and think before I act and react to things.

http://achildchosen.com (because my personal site shows up on blogger).

Pickel March 20, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

P.S. I just lurk a lot...I don't comment, obviously. :)

Robin,  March 20, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

i LOVELOVE bette and she looks like she does a fantastic job in that but yet a little too close to home... uhh some of those scenes could have been right out of my reunion. holy crap. i'm really interested to see the rest!

DENISE ROESSLE March 21, 2008 at 1:19 AM  

"Adoption movies" are always iffy in my book. Didn't see Juno. Probably won't from what I've heard. That was supposed to be a comedy but I couldn't find anything funny in the previews and reviews, nothing to compel me, more like repel me. I read Then She Found Me and liked it. But beware, the bmom, i.e. Bette, at least in the book is a nut case. For example, in the beginning told her daughter (the Helen Hunt character) that her father was JFK. I worry that unless they changed it for the movie, moms will not be amused. (I liked Secrets and Lies, but many bmoms were offended by how wacky the mom was... I saw her progression after she reunited her lost daughter.) I hope it's good, I hope it's really funny, I hope it says something true about adoption. Either that or avoids the topic altogether.

Ungrateful Little Bastard March 23, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

I won't see Juno. Period. A light-hearted comedy about giving away a baby. I'll pass.

I didn't read the book but thanks for the heads up on how the mom was portrayed in it. We'll see how it's handled; this one I intend to see.

Robin,  March 23, 2008 at 10:49 PM  

I saw it. There's a pirated version online, and though I usually don't, I couldn't help myself. It was... well, I really enjoyed it (although am quite ambivalent about one aspect of the ending). It was, at the very least, very, VERY interesting and a MUCH more accurate portrayal of adoption than what mainstream is used to. It at least grazes how hard it is on ALL sides... I recommend it w/o reservations to everybody... at least to make their own opinion.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP