Sunday, May 25, 2008

My heart hurts









Source: US State Department

6 complaints from ingrates:

Anonymous,  May 25, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

((((HUGS))))

I wish I could say or do something to make things better.

I care and I am glad you are in my life.

Look after yourself - you matter.

I, for one, would miss you if you disappeared.

Cathy

Anonymous,  May 25, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

The graphs did not appear at first - now I see what you mean.

It is so disheartening.

There are Russian villages that have been stripped of their children. The older people say that there is no next generation to replace them and that these places will die because of it.

It seems that it is not enough to take domestic babies - now they are taking everyone elses.

For a fraction of the cost, these families could be kept together and their whole villages improved.

I will never adopt - I have sponsored children over the years so that they can stay with their families.

I don't understand why more people don't do that - it seems very selfish to me that the rich nations asset-strip the poor nations of their next generation - very selfish.

Cathy

jim,  May 25, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

We strip them of everything else, why not their children too? The domestic product supply is way down and money talks.

Disgusting.

Suz May 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

what motivation do those countries have to solve their problems with legions of Americans standing in line to "save" their children?

So many Americans fail to see how their very actions are creating this problem versus solving it.

Anonymous,  May 28, 2008 at 10:18 PM  

Stop assuming that every child placed for adoption in a third world country was done so because the parent(s) couldn't afford to raise the child. There are many other reasons. Do your homework.

I respect your posts about your own adoption; let the Guatemalan adoptees speak for themselves...

Adoptive Mom

Ungrateful Little Bastard May 29, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

When they're old enough, I'm sure they will. Until then, I'll speak about whatever the hell I damn well want to on my own blog.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP