Sunday, June 08, 2008

Media Bias In Adoption Reporting

Something I often vent about after wading through adoption news stories. This detailed and well-written post breaks it down far better than I could. Please take a look.

read more | digg story

3 complaints from ingrates:

triona June 9, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

Saw this as I was adding you to my blogroll - glad you came across my little experiment. I knew there had to be a bias against truthful voices in adoption based on how ticked off I routinely get reading my morning papers. It seems nearly every article on adoption is slanted in favor of agencies and adopters, and the number of article with adult adoptee viewpoints is so small I can count them on one hand. So I decided to run a few numbers. I doubt anyone in the adoption reform community will be surprised by the results, but the media seems stunned that such a bias even exists. Old news to us ungrateful little bastards!

Ungrateful Little Bastard June 9, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to write this. Yeah the morning romp through google alerts is a real blood pressure raiser. I couldn't come up with a blog post so detailed and professional. My post would just be

$%^#^&* newspaper reporting $%^$@%^ one *()$%^& sided stories

triona June 9, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

Hey! You read my first version!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP