Thursday, June 26, 2008

NBC Reality Series "Baby Borrowers" Damaging to Kids

As if the MTV / NCFA Real Life adoption show wasn't tacky enough, check this story I found on digg today. This is so frightening - to willingly subject infants to separation for the sake of ratings. I've been so out of the loop I don't know if anyone has been blogging about this already. I hadn't ever heard of this show. Did anyone see this? Please read and digg. This is so disturbing.

read more | digg story

Here's a second story on digg I found:

Would You Give Your Baby to Reality TV?

abcnews.go.com — "The Baby Borrowers", TV's latest life's-a-joke assault on the boundaries of bad taste: Who in heaven's name would lend their infant out as a reality-show challenge?





You know what's really interesting though....

People are (rightfully) so outraged by this, by the damage it causes.

Would they be as outraged over the damage caused by separating a newborn from his or her mother when adoption comes into the picture? I guess I could hope...

2 complaints from ingrates:

Margaret,  June 29, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Sh!t....it looks from the pics like they've already got a few volunteers. Anything for a buck I guess.

Ungrateful Little Bastard June 30, 2008 at 10:15 AM  

I know, I don't get it.

Someone on digg had made mention that it was along the lines of the 'stage mother' mentality, anything to get their kids in front of a camera

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP