Friday, June 13, 2008

Trophy Kid by Steve Atinsky

I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a kid's book at Amazon before, but when I saw this:




I just had to. Check out the description:

THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD Joe is the ultimate trophy kid. His adoptive parents are Hollywood’s favorite power couple, Academy Award–winning actress Greta Powell and actor/director/political candidate Robert Francis. Life with them has been one big photo-op since Joe became a war orphan at the ripe old age of three. And what better way for Greta and Robert to celebrate how far Joe’s come—and how much they’ve helped him—than for Joe to describe his experiences in a moving autobiography?

Of course, Greta and Robert don’t actually intend for Joe to write the book himself. Or for him to include any unflattering details about them. That’s why they’ve hired an experienced professional for the job. But Tom Dolan is no ordinary writer, and he’s determined to help Joe tell the real story of growing up with the two most famous celebrities in America. Even if it means going back to Joe’s homeland, with his image-conscious parents in tow. . . .

O-M-G

Trophy Kid: Or How I Was Adopted by the Rich & Famous will be released August, 2008.

4 complaints from ingrates:

mia,  June 13, 2008 at 9:22 AM  

ROTFLMAO

I have GOT to get this book! Thanks for the laugh this morning! xoxo

Ansley June 14, 2008 at 6:57 PM  

I can't believe it's for real! Hilarious!

Night Hawk August 13, 2008 at 7:39 PM  

I kept thinking - is this for real too. I'll be looking for a copy if it is.

Your blog is forcing me to use an ID that doesn't have anything to do with my adoption blog. So here it is:

http://unsignedmasterpiece.wordpress.com

Ungrateful Little Bastard August 15, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

UNFORTUNATELY I've been too busy to read any more than the first 10 pages but I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP