Via my inbox...
Permission granted to forward this message to other adoption related groups and individuals.
I am trying to compile some examples and statistics of adoptees that have had trouble with obtaining a passport, driver license, or other government issued license, permit, etc., in the post 9/11 era. The trouble in obtaining this has to be related to having an amended birth certificate. As many of us know, the adoptee's amended birth certificate may look incomplete.
If you have had a personal experience of trouble obtaining a passport, or other government issued ID or license due to your amended birth certificate, I would like to hear from you.
Please include the following:
1. What you applied for. (passport, driver license, professional license, etc)
2. What government agency (State Dept, DMV, etc.)
3. City and State this happened in
4. Reason you were denied
5. What did you need to do to resolve the issue?
6. Your name, City and State of residence.
Please email me at FiveV55@aol.com