Thursday, June 19, 2008

What happened Tuesday

Errrrr, Ma?

Yeah?

Someone pissed in my car.

What?

Someone pissed in my car.

How do you know that?

Because when I opened my door there is a puddle of liquid on the floor mat and it smells like the men's room at Penn Station.

Animals in this town.

I hear that.

You gotta keep your car locked if you park it on the street. Some kids walking by probably thought that was really funny.

I know I know. It was locked.

Both doors.

They were.

What about the hatch?

Oh yeah.

Oh yeah.

I'm running to AutoZone to get some rug shampoo. I'm taking your car, mine stinks.

OK - Would you run the to the ATM for me while you're out?

Yeah.

And pick up some soy sauce, I'll make that veggie chicken teriyaki tonight.

Cool yeah, I'll be back in a half hour


-- 45 minutes later, I'm wondering why the police department is calling me --
-- I knew he was running a little late, but really --
-- What 18 year old can run into AutoZone and just look at rug cleaner? --








On his way back, someone ran a red light.

We're very lucky. A few broken bones, a few sprains and strains, and a few burns from the airbag. All I keep thinking is, if I hadn't asked him to run those errands for me, none of this would have happened. He would have been home already when someone was in too much of a hurry to stop.

11 complaints from ingrates:

Jane June 20, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

Oh Theresa I'm so Sorry ((((Hugs to you from one Mother to another))))

It is NOT your fault. It is the idiot who ran the red lights fault.

No one else s.

Maybe if he hadnt of stopped for the errands he could have been in a Worse Car Accident because some Drunk Driver was behind the wheel.
Know what I mean ? There are always reasons although they do not make much sense and are of little comfort to us - I know.
But again the point is that it is not your fault.

I hope that he mends quickly.

(((hugs)))

Possum June 20, 2008 at 12:32 AM  

Sending you good karma from way down here - as I'm sure it's your turn now.
Hugz & healing vibes also coming thru too.
Poss. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mia,  June 20, 2008 at 8:10 AM  

I am really glad to hear your son is going to be OK!!! That is scary.
And Theresa, Jane is right. You know this is not your fault! Don't let your mind go there!

Love you tons.

realityfish.com June 20, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

Oh my God. I'm so glad he's going to be all right.

Jane makes an excellent point about the worse car accident. We never really know how things could have turned out. Chalk it up to what it was -- bad luck to be in the wrong place at the wrong time -- and be glad it wasn't a worse place.

suz,  June 20, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

OMFG! Glad he is okay. I was laughing at the first part of the thread but then, good golly, sending recovering thoughts to you both.

Anonymous,  June 20, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

Dear Theresa

(((Hugs)))

Ditto - It is NOT your fault.

It is the fault of the jerk who ran the red light.

We can't predict where a jerk will be at any given time, so it is impossible to blame yourself for thinking that you can - you can't.

BTW - make sure that jerk pays - don't accept the first, second or even the third offer from his insurance company.

Margaret,  June 20, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

So glad your son is ok!

There is no way you can predict what that other driver was going to do! Don't blame yourself.

Ungrateful Little Bastard June 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM  

Thanks guys. I hate accidents. They are so time consuming, they eat up your whole life.

Mary June 21, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

OMG! I am so glad he is going to be okay!

Still Born June 25, 2008 at 1:06 AM  

Well, by that line of thinking, if someone hadn't pissed in his car it wouldn't have happened, if he hadn't been born it would have never happened, if lots of things. Not that I don't totally know that feeling though.

I'm glad you're all OK, T. Very, very glad.

drunkbunny July 3, 2008 at 8:18 AM  

OK, the next time I think "I'm having a bad day" I'm going to think back to this day your son had, where HIS car got pissed in, his mom's car was completely wrecked and he got injured. And then I'll shut my mouth.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP