Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Emails like this make it hard to go underground

I got this last month:

Hello--

I am not an adoptee or an adoptive parent. And I don't have relatives or friends who are adopted. And I had never considered adopting (I am now pregnant with our first child). It has never been in my radar. I really don't remember how I found your blog - I think the blog's attractive title had something to do with it. Anyway, I found it and I have read most of it. I wanted to thank you for putting it out there the things that you don't hear about adoption. I really had no idea, absolutely no idea. I'm both happy and sad. Happy that I know about his now. That I am aware of this. I hate not knowing things. But sad because I can only begin to imagine how sad can be to know that there is another mother, that there is another world, family, relatives where you were conceived and born and that is not the place/context where you are now and where you were raised. It is difficult for me to totally conceptualize this, to really understand, to fully grasp your feelings. But once in a while when I read your posts, I think I understand and I can feel like you. But I am not sure, and I will never know.

One of these moments was today when I read the post for May 28 and, of course, I cried. I think it is one of your most beautiful posts. It just screams LOVE and, at the same time, it is so you with all your frustration and anger about your adoption. I will always be impressed by your force, your insides, your passion. I am not a native English speaker and I can't find the words and I really don't know what attracts me to you and your writings but I just wanted to let you know that I am grateful that people like you tell others about other realities, other visions, other perspectives, and that I can read you.


Why is it that some real kids instinctively grasp this, yet others are such..... assholes?


4 complaints from ingrates:

elizabeth July 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Wow. That is a great email.

DrunkBunny September 23, 2008 at 4:07 PM  

What a sweet email.

I commented on one of your posts (supportively) and expounded on your post's excellent points on my blog several months ago, and not days later your blog was password protected. I thought, "Oh no! I hope I didn't offend her!" I still kept your blog on my blogroll in the hopes that someday you'd go public again and I'm so glad you have!

(http://bunnytude.com/wordpress)

Ungrateful Little Bastard September 23, 2008 at 7:25 PM  

Oh no! I would have totally thought the same thing! LOL!

Nah, I just needed a negativity enema so I went on the down low for a bit. I must link you - I've had you in my reader for a while but I'm so bad about updating my links

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP