Tuesday, August 05, 2008

All returns must be accompanied by an original receipt

Close on the heels of last week's story on the unregulated business of fertility tourism in India comes this jaw-dropping tale.

Synopsis:

A Japanese child born to a surrogate Indian mother in Jaipur has no home to go to. Her parents got divorced before her birth and her mother doesn't want their child. The Indian laws concerned with surrogate motherhood say that the father alone cannot adopt a child. There is also ambiguity about child being allowed to go to Japan. Her father would like to take her home, but under Indian surrogacy law he'd have to adopt her, which a single man is not allowed to do.

I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.

read more | digg story

1 complaints from ingrates:

Gershom August 6, 2008 at 2:00 PM  

HOLY FREAKING SHIT.

you've GOT to be kidding me.

oh my gosh, you're not. This is NOT a joke. How many times can my jaw drop in one day????
poor child.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP