Friday, August 29, 2008

Philly Phridays #4: South Street

Booze Bars Piercings Tattoos Gift Shops Sex Shops Restaurants Reiki Coffee Art Galleries Music Concerts Jewelry Antiques Movies Health Food Junk Food Junk Stores Thrift Stores Expensive Stores and more

NO VISIT TO PHILLY - and I know I say that every week but that's just because I want everyone to experience all there is - WOULD BE COMPLETE WITHOUT SOUTH STREET!





With over 350 funky stores, restaurants and bars, South Street is a fun walk on the wild side. It's best to go in a good mood, and definitely stay all day and night. Although it's gotten a tad bit more commercial since the old days, the neighborhood still retains a lot of it's original funky atmosphere.

Since the awesome year 1963, South Street has been inspiring music from

The Orlons - South Street

to

Need New Body - So St Rx

from

Boys II Men - Motown Philly

to

The Dead Milkmen - Punk Rock Girl

to name a few.

You can buy just about anything you'd like on South Street. Seriously. I mean, seriously. That includes babies. Like I said, the neighborhood has gone a little more commercial. We'll just avoid the adoption agency side of the street.

Maybe.












View Larger Map


Next week: Where it all began

2 complaints from ingrates:

Mia August 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

This sounds awesome! There are so many cool things to do here! All of these places I had no idea about. I am really enjoying Philly Phridays and plan to go to South Street soon. Thanks! xoxo

Mia August 30, 2008 at 11:07 AM  

PSST... It would be cool to do something on 9th st.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP