Friday, August 08, 2008

Philly Phridays



I know isn't that spelling so cute? I'm so phucking clever.

In preparation for the Adoptee Rights Demonstration v2.0, I thought I'd share a little love of Philadelphia to give you an idea of places to see when you make your trip to the City of Brotherly Love next year. If anyone has any Philly stuff they'd like to share as a guest blogger please don't hesitate to drop me a line.




Because of my fine Philadelphia upbringing, I know proper protocol is to always start any guide with Philly Sports. Therefore, allow me to present:










My adoptive cousin says the Phillies have historically had good luck that week of July, so chances are high you'll be able to hear the Liberty Bell ring frequently with every home run. Let's look back!


July 2008 - Oh, not so great. 4 losses / 2 wins

July 2007 - This is better. 1 loss / 5 wins

July 2006 - Eh. 4 losses / 3 wins

July 2005 - OK. 3 losses / 4 wins

July 2004 - Please. 5 losses / 2 wins


You know I always suspected my adoptive cousin was retarded. Don't listen to him.


Citizen's Bank Park has so many cool things, a win will be secondary. First and foremost, the food. Check this out, I'll wait here.


Good, right? Yeah, yeah?








And by the way, Citizens Bank Park made #1 on the list of PeTA's Top 10 Vegetarian-Friendly Ballparks, so no one needs to be left out of the food fun.



Be sure to visit Ashburn Alley and for real nostalgia, take the rooftop bleacher seats. The park has many giveaway nights each year, including commemorative prints, lunch boxes, t-shirts, hats, backpacks, and of course Original Birth Certificate night, where all adoptees born in Philadelphia get their OBC with an official Phillies logo imprinted, personally handed to them by Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell.

OK that last part is a lie.

Maybe if enough folks are interested we could do a ballpark night during the week of the Adoptee Rights Demonstration. Just don't take any betting tips from my adoptive cousin because you know, I swear he's retarded.



PS Go Mets!







View Larger Map

6 complaints from ingrates:

Gershom August 8, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Philly Phridays!! Excellent!!! This is so cool T! I knew you were going to be doing it, but I didn't know it would be this crafty!!! HOW COOL is THIS!!!

I'm going to link it to you right now from the blog!!!

the passionate "peach" August 8, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

This is great! I've had the priviledge of being in Philadelphia one time and fell immediately in love! I'm from a small town in the midwest and loved the big city feel and also the nostalgia of great history, and not to mention the FOOD. And it was amazing how easy it was to get around town, too. I loved the big outdoor market downtown. If there is any way I can make it to Philly next year I won't miss it! Hugs, Peach

TentCamper August 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

Hi there, I found your on Blog Catalog when I searched "adoptee".
Just wanted to sa hi and that I am an adoptee who just found my birthmother. I have posted a lot about it on my blog.

Robin August 10, 2008 at 12:43 AM  

Hey Theresa, I live right outside Philly, and I'd really love to help with anything you guys need for organizing preparing for the 2nd demonstration... I wanted to get more involved in the first one, but I had some things come up. Anyway, please keep me in mind if you know of anything I can do!! Thanks, Robin :)

my email is robinlynn.baker@gmail.com

Ungrateful Little Bastard August 13, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

Yes I am phat but I SWEAR this time I am starting a diet TOMORROW so that I am thin for Philly. I promise!!

Thx everyone!

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP