Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Loss, loss and more loss

One lost his mother, his father's whereabouts are unknown.

The other was an intra-family adoption.

There aren't enough words to express how soul-sick this makes me.

read more | digg story

Edit: Gersh says it best:

Can you imagine, losing your mother and your father (I can) and acting out because of it (I did) testing everyone around you and becoming incredibly hard to deal with (I did.) You want to see if everyone else around you will leave you too, you want to see if they will stay and how long they will stay for, what circumstances will the accept you in? I am SO glad California didn’t have safe havens when I was growing up.

2 complaints from ingrates:

Gershom Kaligawa September 16, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

What the hell were these caretakers thinking? and what the hell were these lawmakers thinking enacting this shit for law? And did you see the quote they left? The two senators say that if this continues, they'll find a way to change the law... HELLO?!?!?!?!?!

Holly September 16, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

Seriously.
I can't think of anything to respond with that doesn't include profanity

Teens are tortured souls as it is; but add the adoption card....
HELLO??!!! is right.
WTF?

If there is a time to prove to a child you won't abandon them, it's in those turbulent years.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP