Friday, September 05, 2008

Philly Phridays #5: Independence Hall


It’s against the law in Pennsylvania to visit Philadelphia and not take a tour of Independence Hall.

Yes, I know we’re going to Pennsylvania to protest an unjust law, however this Visiting Indy Hall Law I agree with.

It’s veritably inhuman not to see where the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were...









wait for it



















wait for it
























adopted.


Sorry I had to.

Anyway here you go, watch this:







I’m sorry, I think that’s inspiring, even if candy-ass New York did abstain, with that kind of beginning no wonder we can’t get 2277 out of committee.

Moving on…..

Although it’s “just a goddamned a piece of paper” to our current *cough*cough* leader, there’s this holy hymn from the Saturday morning cartoons of many a BSE adoptee.







Tickets are free, but only if you get them in person. If you make a reservation in advance the cost is a whopping $1.50.

Nearby are some outrageously cool restaurants, my own personal favorite being Buddakan… however it’s another Pennsylvania law that after touring Independence Hall, you have to have lunch at The City Tavern, where the Continental Congress boys used to hang. I think it's kind of cool to hang in the same place.

2 complaints from ingrates:

Gershom September 6, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

Holy crap, how am I going to have time for the protest, with all of this cool stuff ms. theresa, we're going to really get our education in!! I can't WAIT! Every week I become more and more excited. Thank you for this! You have just been stumbled!

joy September 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

We love American History at this house, I can't wait, this acutally got some applause here, and not just from me. How exciting this is.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP