Friday, September 26, 2008

Philly Phridays #8: Philadelphia Museum of Art

You guys, I’m totally wikipedia-ing out on you this week. It’s because I broke my ass. It’s true, my ass is broken. Totally true. My ass. OK not totally true, it’s my tailbone. But the pain is in my ass.

I had an outline of stuff I wanted to write, but all I can think of is my poor sore ass. So relying on YouTube and wikipedia to pick up the slack for me and my ass:



The Philadelphia Museum of Art, located at the west end of the Benjamin Franklin Parkway in Philadelphia's Fairmount Park, was established in 1876 in conjunction with the Centennial Exposition of the same year and is now among the largest art museums in the United States...

Widely regarded as a world-class art institution, the Philadelphia Museum of Art includes not only its iconic Main Building, but also the Rodin Museum (also on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway) and several other historic sites. The recently acquired Ruth and Raymond G. Perelman Building (across the street from the Main Building) opened in 2007 and houses for public display a few of the Museum's more popular collections. It includes five new exhibition spaces, a sky lit galleria, and a café overlooking a landscaped terrace.


Alright that’s kind of dry, so here’s a very pretty short promo:









As well this cute one. You didn’t think you were going to get away without hearing the Rocky theme, did you? There was a boatload of running-up-the-stairs-ala-Rocky videos, but I liked this one the best:







OK I’m signing off. Next Friday I’ll be back with a real tourist writeup for next year’s Adoptee Rights Demonstration. Sorry for wimping out, but as I said earlier, I broke my ass.



View Larger Map

3 complaints from ingrates:

Gershom Kaligawa September 27, 2008 at 1:42 AM  

I was snowboarding once, and my bf came up behind me and went "boo" and grabbed my hips. I didn't expect him to do that and fell flat on, my ass. Broke my tailbone, it HURT LIKE HELL. Theres nothing they do for tailbones. Nothing. I had a 15 hour car drive the next day and had to sit on my broken ass the whole time. I was SO miserable.

I really feel for you. (((((T)))) (((((T's Ass)))))

jimm September 27, 2008 at 10:52 AM  

Ouch, it hurts to even think about it. I've broken mine more than once.
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Sandy Young October 15, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

I fell down the stairs taking out the trash once and also broke my ass! I know how bad it hurts! You have my sympathy. In my case, that broken ass was a graphic example of a LOT of pain...lol.

I am sure you have gotten the requisite "I would kiss your booboo, but....." jokes, so I won't even go there. Hope it gets better soon.

Sandy Young

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP