Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Frightening Tales

Scary tales around the blogsphere today:

First, why is it that after blogging since February, A Search for Survivors has been found by only 4? This number disturbs me greatly, because we know they're out there. They're grown up. They're free of their tormentors and their adoptive or foster parents who were supposed to protect them. But where are they?

Anyway be sure to check out the adoption ephemera. You know, we haven't come very far at all.

Also, check out this horror story:




Adoptee Denied Driver's License in Florida

This story of adoptee unreality pissed me off so much I spent a good chunk of time venting about it in therapy this morning. Please be sure to read the comments where Chynna talks about the aftermath of her ordeal.

Adoption never ends - never.

Chynna asks: "How much humiliation, heartache and life intruding moments do I have to have to make states realize, "Just grant me the right to request my OBC already". How much?"

Why is still this happening, and why doesn't anyone care?

4 complaints from ingrates:

triona October 29, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

Thanks for the link to Chynna's story. I have been been in a bad mood all week after first hearing about it. When the hell are any of us adoptees going to be treated like actual human beings?

As for A Search For Survivors, that is disturbing.

Jade October 30, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

I have found myself angered lately as well. Adoption in its current state needs dire changes. I wish the rest of the world knew what it really entails and how so many traumatic situations could be avoided with a change in attitudes and legislations. grrrrrrr!

(Jade is me Erika)

Wayward November 2, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

Thanks for helping spread the word!

The Improper Adoptee November 4, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

Being a Fla Adoptee and listening to so many lies from CHS over the years, and putting up with their indifferant and mocking behaviour, it seems Fla doesn't want us to exist at all. How ironic, according to Federal Idenity laws concerning Idenity theft and terroists, we don't exist, yet at the same time, due to laws concerning Adoption and sealed records we know we do because of the abuse towards us within these laws. That is how we have to validate ourselves. I hope the government connects the dots soon and sees that we need our OBC's to validate us just being citizens. I for one, am tired of being an invisible person in this country.

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP