Saturday, October 25, 2008

Original Parthenogenesis Certificate

It dawned on me last night that I totally missed Send $10 to Pennsylvania day.

I think it was probably a subconscious voluntary forgetting, truth be told.

Because now Mom knows about the existence of the Pennsylvania Mommy-May-I Birth Certificate and Reunion Registry.

And Mom was respectfully requested to send her Mommy-Says-You-May permission slip so that I could have it.

However Mom blatantly did not address this when she pointedly asked me not to write to her again.

Which leaves me curiously wondering if she sent in her form.

There's only one way to find out, and that's to resentfully send $10 to Pennsylvania, even though I've missed my unofficial anniversary.

It used to be an anniversary of seeing if anyone wanted to reunite with me. Now that I know that no one does, it's become my only means of getting my OBC. The registry serves two purposes - one is reunion, the other is OBC access.

What information is received if both biological parents have filed Parent Registration Identification Forms?

The Division of Vital Records will release the current names and addresses of the parents as well as a certified copy of the original birth record prior to adoption.


If Mommy and Daddy say you can have it, you're gifted with the Holy Grail of your OBC. I know there is no father listed on my OBC (I'm a miracle!) so I only need the permission of one person.

Did she send it in, sports fans?

Stay tuned.

2 complaints from ingrates:

triona October 25, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

When my Mom was respectfully requested to send her Mommy-Says-You-May permission slip, she instead (as you know) sent the Mommy-Says-You-May-NOT slip instead.

It really chafes my hide that my attempt to use the only means available to me to gain information about my adoption, only resulted in being potentially-forever barred from that very information. Potentially-forever because, in theory, Illinois could open records--except now that we have a disclosure veto, we'll be hard-pressed to introduce laws that don't take previously filed vetoes into account. Like mine.

If I had never tried to gain information using Illinois' system, my mother would probably not have known there was a may-NOT slip to file, and I might have one day had access to my original birth certificate.

How screwed up is that?

About as screwed up as having to pay Pennsylvania $10 a year just to find out if the damn form was sent in. More highway robbery of adoptees trying to gain information. What's next, charge us a fee for the fee?

imtina October 27, 2008 at 6:44 PM  

Adoptees never get to grow up. NEVAH!

That totally sucks dude.

I think, to answer your question, is that they're just going to bypass the fee for the fee, and simply start charging us for being adoptees. Of course, your fee will depend on your level of graitude. Low gratitude = high fee, naturally.

Tina

I'm a Fan of Adoptee Rights


I Digg Adoption News

All adoption news

Adoption news RSS feed

Don't like feeds or widgets? Rather read the news in a blog format? Here you go.

Who I'm Stalking


  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP